No announcement yet.

Turn 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW: do we know when the second trade is supposed to happen?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      I think he means between us and Vox. Others teams seem to have more favourable conditions as it stands.
      Alva, one post above you, I said I meant of all teams, explaining that our initial conditions are still the best... Even now, with Cyclone not settled yet, and EotS just hit by disease, we're second on commerce... and it will normally only become better.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
        DeepO, in general I agree with you. But:

How do you know we have the best prospects for research? Do you mean between us and Vox, or among all other teams?
        A few turns ago, I checked how GNPs compared. We were three ahead of second place, and five ahead of third place. EotS in full settler pump mode is a powerful commerce producer as well as a powerful settler and worker producer becaue it's a big city working tiles that provide two gold each.

That's not to say that there's no possibility that someone might have lots of rivers, or have lots of gems in jungles just waiting for time to clear the jungles. We might eventually find that someone actually can match or beat us in research. But if we aren't the fastest researcher, we should at least be very close (assuming we can keep up in libraries, marketplaces, etc.)

Nathan

Comment

Working...
        X