No announcement yet.

DIPLO: comments on Rollplay log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would say we should just blockade them and prevent their progress. They are pushing us. They want to see if we are now their b!tches due to recent events and what they want us to perceive as our negative image.

As DeepO would say, Bah!

End the game. These are our waters. They can and should be made to feel welcome to sod off.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I had only a short look at the screenshot before I went to work, but as far as I remember, we don't have enough ships in range to block them.

Comment

• We should be able to intercept them around Typhoon, from both sides.

Am I looking at that shot correctly? Did we not move any ground forces to keep up with the RP galley? Is that the beginning or the end of the turn?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Sadly, we can't block them anymore... I doubt RP doesn't know what they just sent us, they know we can't seriously keep them from exploring our coast without building additional boats (and we said in public enough times that we want to build, instead of train).

I agree on the extortion message from Nathan, let's push back, and see how they respond. Further, I'd politely ask for a WM+10 gold (the 10 being purely a matter of principle: they learn about 100 new tiles, we learn none), and say we don't care if they want to keep on scouting or not.

Oh, and bah indeed

DeepO

Comment

• Oh, Re: groundtroops: can we move all units to block the most annoying blocking sites? We used the gap Vox left us, please don't let us be caught with our pants down.

DeepO

Comment

• We have three galleys on the east coast that I started down south to set up an option to blockade. Since RP's galleys only have a movement rate of three, that should be sufficient to force them out to sea if they want to go around if we position our ships correctly. The intercept will take place at the southern tip of our land mass.

I really doubt that BigFree intended for his message to sound as arrogant as it did. Suppose he had said, "We aren't interested in buying a map when we can find out most of what we want to know with our galley, but if you would feel more comfortable giving us your map so we can avoid the need to have a galley in your waters, we would appreciate it." I'm sure we wouldn't have been happy with that response, but considering that Lego has allowed scouting in their waters, it would be hard to view RP's taking that view as particularly unreasonable. The real problem is that instead of taking a polite approach, BigFree chose words that ended up sounding an awful lot like extortion. But if that was a mistake, I'd rather give RP a chance to back off. I'd hate to see a misunderstanding due to a poor choice of words turn into something nasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                We should be able to intercept them around Typhoon, from both sides.

Am I looking at that shot correctly? Did we not move any ground forces to keep up with the RP galley? Is that the beginning or the end of the turn?
                I forgot to. Sorry; I hope that doesn't come back to bite us. If nothing else, we have more than half a dozen horsemen and WCs in Arashi that should be able to catch up quickly just so long as RP doesn't try something this turn.

Comment

• well, I'd rather block a couple of important mountains permanently (like the iron ones, which we already have blocked). We should have about enough troops to block all coasts, at least on the West side... if they can't land, they can't attack us either. And by doing that once, we don't have to bother each turn to see if our defenses are up to snuff.

DeepO

Comment

• Bah... invite them to land! It would giive us the perfect excuse (they won't do it, they can't be that dumb given how GoW's landing worked even with a screen of several Immortals). We just need to block the Hill by Bolderberg, and probably the coastal forests. Even that might be too much though. We don't want to give them ideas to start blocking landing sites on their own territory...

The Iron Mountains we should definitely have a Pike on at all times though.

Comment

• I said ths in the Office thread, I will clarify here...

let them scout It will mean nothing because we will sell our map around however we decide.

let RP know that we will sell them our map for their WM + 10-30 gold. They may go on exploring our coast in either case. The choice is theirs scout or not. Any landing will be an act of aggression.

DeepO had it right, they pay for the information now and free up a galley or do not accept he deal and go on exploring. It will take more time, so the gold is worth it.

Also do you think we can get a 5-10 turn morititorum on map trades with the map deals? What would it take to do so?

Mss
                      Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

• Ok will probably drop by on BF sometime today. When ever he's around I guess.

#PTWTalks (sandwich) on apolyton irc
                        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

• Also we do not want to inflame the issue by letting them know we feel exthorted or bullied or things like that. We do not want to threaten (even nicely). Cordial is how we want to be even though we are really cautious towards them.

Mss

Comment

• Originally posted by nbarclay

I really doubt that BigFree intended for his message to sound as arrogant as it did. ....... I'd rather give RP a chance to back off. I'd hate to see a misunderstanding due to a poor choice of words turn into something nasty.
                            That is key, how do we get them to back off with out sounding like aggressive, defensive sharks?

Mss

Comment

• You mention that BFs was an interesting message. They ask why. You tell them that we do not look well on what might be threats by a guest to interfere with our economy, but we are assuming that he spoke awkwardly.

Give them a chance to eat crow, and then block their further progress ASAP.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• I doubt we'll be able to get NDAs on map deals, since it essentially blocks them from selling their WM to anyone. GoW, in particular, might be looking to make some money from their Lego maps soon, and might not welcome trading maps with us if this is going to limit their ability to get any money from their knowledge (although they only have RP to sell to, and RP probably aren't in a hurry to see a map of the Lego coast yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X