Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plan to run in the elections? Post here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that we have a real candidate, that I'm sure everyone will prefer, I withdrawal my "statement of willingness" to take the econ chief position.

Comment

you weren't a real candidate before?

I think you should run anyways, it'll make things more interesting in the days leading up to the game..
      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

While I am a proponent of early war, I'm not a raving psychotic b@stard.

( that's my official campaign motto!)

Any warfare recommendations will be tempered by 1) the overall balance of the game, and 2) our relative strength, whether at the unit level or via number of applicable units.

We've got a long way to go before we will have all the relevant and necesssary info.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
          While I am a proponent of early war, I'm not a raving psychotic b@stard.

( that's my official campaign motto!)
          Good campaign motto. The tricky thing is, how do we know the balance of forces when considering a prospective war? My impression is that it takes a pretty significant difference before the advisor says one side outnumbers the other.

Comment

Should we begin the polling to make it all official?

Too bad we don't have any election battles.

Comment

Looks like it's Theseus and nbarclay by acclamation. That would be the same for you, would it not Mesh?

I do not see a need for extra threads to decide decisions already made. Does anyone else?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                Looks like it's Theseus and nbarclay by acclamation. That would be the same for you, would it not Mesh?
                Muwuahahaha!

Comment

So shall we proclaim our first Term government then?

We're still missing a 3rd Poobah, but I don't foresee very many times when both notyoueither and SirRalph are out of commission at the same time. Still though, I am willing to step forward as Deputy Poobah if no one else can or wants to. JUST in case. Or we can leave the Deputy Poobah position open as an emergency position appointed by the Grand Poobah...

Comment

We have SO many good players...

I suggest leaving #3 open, and at the discretion of the GP and subject to who's available at the time.

We are f-cking scary... it'll be interesting to see how much starting terrain and neighbors impact success.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Sounds good Theseus.

You know, I never really did stop to think about the talents of the members that joined here, but we do have one really really good team. Very solid. I'm also surprised that everyone has been as agreeable as they've been. I'm sure that this may change in certain circumstances later in the game, but so far everyone's been really cool and have contributed some really good ideas and opinions.

I'm proud to be a member of this team. We're going to rule!

Comment

I'm proud to be a member of this team. We're going to rule!
                        Fine words indeed.

Long live the Gathering storm!

this time i got the name right...
                        Save the rainforests!
                        Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Originally posted by zeit

Long live the Gathering storm!

There is a paradox in that... It kinda approaches infinity

Mss
                          Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Theseus,

Though it appears to be a done deal already, I'm fine with sharing the tactical chieftainship with you. One of us should be available when needed.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                              Theseus,

Though it appears to be a done deal already, I'm fine with sharing the tactical chieftainship with you. One of us should be available when needed.

-Arrian
                              Hehe...

That was about time .

Comment

Working...
                              X