Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plan to run in the elections? Post here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan to run in the elections? Post here!

OFFICIAL ELECTION SIGN UP THREAD

Elections are coming up soon and those who wish to run for a Chief position of the three schola's should sign up here:

note: you may only run for a Chief position if you belong to the schola you are running for. Many belong to 2 Scholas and it is acceptable to run for BOTH, although if you belong to 2 then you may not run for the 3rd schola you are not a part of. (I figure you guys already knew that, but just added for clarification)

GRAND POOBAH
    notyoueither (team nomination)

BRIGADIER GRAND POOBAH
    SirRalph (appointed by NYE and seconded by group)

DEPUTY GRAND POOBAH

CHIEF OF ECONOMIC SCHOLA
    Randolph (withdrawn?)
    nbarclay

CHIEF OF TACTICAL SCHOLA
    Theseus (/with nominated partner Arrian)

CHIEF OF DIPLOMATIC SCHOLA
    Meshelic

Title of Grand Poobah mirrors President, Brigadier Grand Poobah mirrors the Vice-President, and Deputy Grand Poobah mirrors the acting Prez and Vice-Prez if both cannot fulfill their duties...
    Last edited by Meshelic; November 23, 2002, 22:05.
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

I want to take this time to announce my candidacy for Chief of Diplomatic Schola. I will begin my campaign for this position shortly, as time allows.

Comment

I do not require the honour of acclamation, however I will accept it if offered.

I would welcome any other who feels capable of playing the game to throw your hat in the ring.

Oh, and btw, I thought was decided I would be known as Grand Poobah.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

have we determined how long the term of office should be? I think that is an important question to answer before jumping into the elections.

Comment

another question:

Are we restricted to voting in schools that we are members of?

Comment

And how is time defined?

Normal; as is hours, days,weeks,...

civ-time; as in game turns

Good to see Poly is back
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
              another question:

Are we restricted to voting in schools that we are members of?
              Technically no you aren't, there will be nothing to stop anyone from voting in any election they want, I doubt we can privatize polls to specific groups, and I don't think we'd have to either.

One thought on that, though, is if everyone DID vote outside of the one or two schola's they chose, then there would be little reason for the schola's in the first place, right?

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                have we determined how long the term of office should be? I think that is an important question to answer before jumping into the elections.
                No we haven't decided on that yet. I propose that the term lengths be similar to the C3DG where it was once a month that the government changed hands (or didn't...).

I think it would be easier to go by real life days or months, rather than game turns. I could see that as getting confusing after awhile.

Comment

This thread isn't the elections, of course... Just intended it to be a sign-up sheet if you plan to run for office...

Comment

If I am to play, I request that Sir Ralph be my second. He would bring much to the table.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That's exactly who I was thinking should be the second. I second that second

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

As long as nobody calls me "Little Poobah", I'd agree. However, if you elect me as "Second", you at the same time should appoint a "Third", because I sometimes have RL time issues that prevent me from spending too much time playing computer games at all. This happens, say, once in 1-2 months and if it happens, it's usually not predictable and lasts about 1-2 weeks.

Comment

I third the second and am the first to wonder who the third will be.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It seems there won't be a lot of electing to be done on our players... another agreement here.

But one thing I would like to know as well is the duration, and possible impeachment procedures. Not that I expect to be candidate, or want to critise the players nor schola heads...

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic

No we haven't decided on that yet. I propose that the term lengths be similar to the C3DG where it was once a month that the government changed hands (or didn't...).

I think it would be easier to go by real life days or months, rather than game turns. I could see that as getting confusing after awhile.

I agree that a month based system would work better than a turn based system.

The question is, when will the first term end? I would say that it would be better to have it end on, say, January 15, than to have it end on January 1st, obviously avoiding complications due to New Years. And then continue changes (or not) every month on th 15th after that.

Thoughts?

Of course, a month=probably 6 turns (5 teams/30 days). Ugh, slow moving, eh? Not a long game-wise term.

edit: I will start a thread on procedures, to avoid spamming this thread.
                              Last edited by asleepathewheel; November 18, 2002, 14:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X