No announcement yet.

Turn 249: 1295AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to worry about the RP cities as landing zones, not just ours.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

GoW's Transports would be mostly from the Lego invasion. They didn't lose any, and I think they had close to the number we did (23).

Comment

Could the saves get forwarded to myusername aet hotmail.com?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

ND's Navy is pretty small. Within the next few turns we'll have enough to sink it completely if they tried to get up to RP. Long term ND can come close to matching our naval production.

GoW can of course hit RP with no warning.

I am thinking that we should get RP over to Lego ASAP, and get rid of any coastal cities in N stormia above the bottleneck. Velocity would be phased out as well.

Comment

Ok, forwarded the save to you NYE.

Comment

I am all for that and along those lines, what about letting them keep their cash so they can build up now? At least some as an inducement to move and defend themsleves a bit.

We still need that settler from them to preseve their existence.

Comment

Can we have a settler next to cyclone, as well as one hidden in the spinebreakers? that problem is that if polloution hts us, it would take a while to clean up (2 turns, insteead of the normal one.) Personally, I would take this risk so that we can alway protect RP.

to the phase out of the coastal; cities would speed up colonisation as well. Perfect. Two MI per mountain and hill? How long would it take if we wanted to invade ND to get the troop numbers (mainly marine and trannies, we seem to have the tank numbers unless ND quickly upgrade to MI).
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

sorry guys, very little time right now, and tomorrow won't be a lot better. ND's marines are worriesome, and somehow I don't think they will be used against Vox. One of the problems is that now that the ISDG has stopped, GWT has most likely some inflow of new blood. And as is was a long time ago since their last war, we can prepare for action here.

DeepO

Comment

BTW, we might need to start talks with GoW, and hear what they are up to. And may not be too bad to simply be open with them, and ask if they are going to support ND, or us in case of a clash. Who knows, they might join in on our side...

DeepO

Comment

Forward the save to me as well please?

NeroTrip@comcast.net

Thanks.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
                          BTW, we might need to start talks with GoW, and hear what they are up to. And may not be too bad to simply be open with them, and ask if they are going to support ND, or us in case of a clash. Who knows, they might join in on our side...

DeepO
                          I favour this. We would probably need to give GoW the troop numbers to prove it, so to speak. Maybe I shouldn't have let MZ know about our knowledge of ND Marines, but we'd have to let on anyway if we're going to be open about it.

Comment

Finally have some time to spend on this, it's past half past 1, so forgive me if some of this might not be the most coherent. Tomorrow is another busy day, so it will be late before you hear from me again

CH, maybe it was a little mistake on the marines, maybe not. I agree that now it is one of the few things we can do. Plus, there is no point in debating this, GoW now knows we are spying on ND, they will also know that we are at least trying to spy on them as well. That doesn't matter anymore, we need to concentrate on how to proceed.

I've got some ideas, but first I'll see what has been posted to avoid double posts in multiple threads.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                              UN:

ND building in Borcem (size 20, probably FP?)
                              GoW building in Killdaria (size 17)

Killdaria would be 268g to investigate, 102g to sabatoge production.
                              Borcem would be 263g to investigate, 126g to sabatoge production.

Anyone know the formula for sabatoge costs? Specifically if the number of shields present in the build changes the cost.
                              Prices: Parameters: dist - distance from actual city or capital to your nearest city pop - size of actual city or capital level - level of settlement, 1 for town, 2 for city and 3 for metropol opp_cult - opponents culture your_cult - your culture techs - number of opponents techs units -...

Yes it does change. And by counting the distance, you can calculate precisely how many shields are already present...
                              I'm not going to open the save now to count, but Aeson, if you post the distances, I'll try to keep an eye on it.

I haven't seen this being used, or being discussed, but actually this is major news. Not only can you detect without cost how much shields are present when wonder building, but you can also detect prebuilds!

DeepO

Comment

Hum... last idea for the night: never mind on the distances.
                                Sabotage Production 10 dist*level + base * shield
                                For the misson where there is a choice of risk, multiply by 3/2 for carefully and 2 for safely.

base = 10
                                level - level of settlement, 1 for town, 2 for city and 3 for metropol (level = 3)
                                dist - distance from actual city or capital to your nearest city

Those costs are for safely, right? If so, the distance to Borcem is 17 (102/6), to Killdaria is 21. There can't be any shields in those cities, as an extra 30 or so shields would drive the cost much higher (an extra 600g).

This might be another ruse... certainly because GoW warned us about ND going for a diplo victory. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see these numbers change next turn. And if they do change, we know perfectly how many spt they've got.

Actually, this would be a fun thing to have of all foreign cities... we can calculate perfectly how much spt each city makes! All it requires is to note the sabotage numbers for 2 turns, possibly together with the distance factors.

Maybe still best to check the distance, btw, to see if I'm right.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                                X