No announcement yet.

What about tech then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for not moving on this earlier. It's very complex, but I think a couple of things are clear

First, I think we are already betting the ranch on GoW not backstabbing us, so it's the ND factor that weighs heaviest on the MI question.

Second, we let the tech alliance quietly drop while flirting with the thought of maybe dashing for MA against GoW, but especially now we've seen GoW researching Radio themselves, it doesn't now look a likely option.

Third, if the war on Legoland succeeds another Bobian war (with us not involved) would be ideal, but maybe hard to realise without us coming down on one side or the other.

Fourth, not being in a partnership would surely be fatal unless we had the luxury of the other two fighting each other while we eat popcorn.

So, for starters maybe I should draft a feeler to GoW on the subject of Computers.

Comment

Draft to GoW

Sorry I've not been as active as I would have liked to have been for discussing things like tech plans with you guys. I understand you're now researching Radio, so my apologies in not helping our teams to come to a deal on that one.

Are you interested in working out a deal on Computers, which I gather should be coming available to us in the not-so-distant future? The modern era has many interesting paths and options, and hopefully GoW and GS can maintain our historic mutual technological co-operation to forge a path into the light.

If I try and make the Radio thing look like a diplo lapse rather than a slightly collar-up policy it might help ease any suspicion.

Comment

On the research labs , I counted 7 Uni's out of 18 cities (excluding the pumps), so just under half, but whilst you need a Uni to build a Lab, I don't think you need one to get a Lab from the Internet Wonder.

SETI in Hurricane is another consideration.

Comment

Having caught up on the public forum about GoW's vacuum, there's a chance they've just researched Radio on auto-pilot rather than initiating any diplo legwork themselves.

Maybe we could speak to ND about selling them Radio before GoW discover it. If they doin't bite, they're funding GoW on it. If they do want to buy it, then the Bobians aren't so close.

Comment

Yes you get a the free lab, regardless of any university.

Comment

Vel... ouch... that's bad news Hope he gets back soon, though

DeepO

Comment

Re: Draft to GoW

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Sorry I've not been as active as I would have liked to have been for discussing things like tech plans with you guys. I understand you're now researching Radio, so my apologies in not helping our teams to come to a deal on that one.

Are you interested in working out a deal on Computers, which I gather should be coming available to us in the not-so-distant future? The modern era has many interesting paths and options, and hopefully GoW and GS can maintain our historic mutual technological co-operation to forge a path into the light.

If I try and make the Radio thing look like a diplo lapse rather than a slightly collar-up policy it might help ease any suspicion.
                Sounds super, CH

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                  On the research labs , I counted 7 Uni's out of 18 cities (excluding the pumps), so just under half, but whilst you need a Uni to build a Lab, I don't think you need one to get a Lab from the Internet Wonder.
                  The thing is, we've got 7 unis now... but most of our cities need to build one. We sacrificed our research capabilities in order to get to an invasion force relatively easy, but that can't continue. Once we're out of mobilization, and our empire is reasonably defended, we need to catch up, and build unis everywhere. The question is more one of where there will eventually be unis, not one where there are now (even if immediate gain is of course also nice)

And whether the internet builds research labs without unis: yes, but it doesn't help. The same happens with Hoover in cities without factories: The building is there, but doesn't give a bonus. You need a uni, or the research lab does no good...

SETI in Hurricane is another consideration.
                  SETI might be an option, but is for me at least not such a priority. It's very expensive for what it does... 1000 shields is not something to quickly dismiss. So in case we don't know what to build, or the opportunity would arise ( a leader when we don't know what to build): sure. Otherwise... no thanks.
                  Oh, and Hurricane is a nice option in case we build a commercial dock. Otherwise, I think Tempest is better, as there is a good chance we've got to grow the city to size 20 once we've got MI to build.

DeepO

Comment

Gow are considering the Computers offer.

Although there's a lot to be said for seeing the Aluminium and Uranium asap, getting the shields from Offshore Platforms would help offset our territorial shortcomings and could be as essential to as as Hoover was in the previous era. OTOH, if the war dragged on for a long time, we wouldn't be able to build them anyway.

Comment

Let's see what GoW says. Maybe they are willing to trade one of the resources for computers, and the other for offshore platforms. In combination, those 4 tech prices certainly average out...

At any rate, this decision is not cricital right now, we've got at least 6 more turns in which we don't need to decide what to go for (only exception being if we somehow would decide to go for a 1 scientist approach)

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                      X