Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 236: 1210 AD

Standing Info

2 forest remains, D-ville 99 and WoC 23.

Defense Plan
    Aeson's comments

Start

- RP sends 100g + WM. Sending WM in return

- EotS builds Marine, start Marine.

- Hurricane builds Marine, starts Marine

- Pollution strikes D-ville (possibly correctable)

- Tempest builds Marine, starts Marine.

- Inchoff builds Marine, starts Marine.

- Inchon builds explorer. Starts explorer (3 spt isn't going to bring us anything interesting)

- Blizzard builds DD, starts Marine.

- WoC builds DD, starts Marine.

- SA builds Marine. Starts Marine.

- Changed OG from DD to Marine. Needs a 10 shield short rush next turn

- 2287 gold, 70%, 706bpt, -200 gpt. (computers in 5 of 9) 2810/6240 beakers collected.
    Modern Era Tech Cost

shortrushes
    - disband MI in SA.
    - shortrush to settler (20 gold, 80 gold)

forces
    (- 4 MI, 2 galley)
    - 14 art
    - 24 workers (+.1/turn)
    - 7 settlers (+.53/turn)
    - 20 rifle
    - 57 inf
    - 11 Marines (+8.16/turn)
    - 70 tanks
    - 12 galleon
    - 24 destroyer
    - 11 transports
    - 2 carrier
    - 3 sub
    - 3 explorer (+ .14/turn)
    - 1 fighter (+.5/turn)

- Strong in strength to GoW, to ND, and to Lego.
    - Legoland with no Vox slaves this turn

Moves

- Clear pollution

- New Marines to East coast cities.

- fighter scouts, sees nothing.

- Galleon automoves to Hurricane

- 1 transport and new DD from Blizzard move to Hurricane

- Southern Sub forts

- Central sub moves 68, and forts. 2 BS, tipperary and Athena in sight

- all the rest fort, extra workers on the coast included.

workforce shuffles

- D-ville and SA swap grasses, to give 2 more spt to D-ville. Pollution-loss corrected.

- Inchon gives grass to WoC, which gives grass to Inchoff. Inchon entertainer set to tax man (well, tax lady)

- WoC takes mountains instead of coast

- Bolderberg takes coast instead of grass
    - Typhoon takes sea and coast instead of wheat and grass
    - Cyclone takes both tiles instead of tax men. We can't build a marine from here before invasion, but we can build a settler more... might be handy later on.

- SS moves of mountain, onto desert

- Sufa moves onto coast, insead of sea (extra commerce goes to corruption)

Current Builds

Eli : Fighter in 1 Last one for now, Marine after that (will lose shields over it, nothing to be done. Shields will go to Inchon.)
    Inchon : Explorer in 10
    WoC : Marine in 1
    Inchoff : Marine in 4 (shows 5)
    D-ville : Marine in 1
    Santa Ana : Marine in 1.
    Blizzard : Marine in 3 (losing shields, can't be helped)
    Monsoon : Marine in 1
    Arashi : palace in 7. Somehow, Arashi is receiving the mobilization bonus, even if it's building a palace. I don't know what's the bug this time, but it's not disturbing us.
    WW : Marine in 2
    Tempest : Marine in 1
    SS: settler in 3 (growth over production)
    Hurricane : Marine in 2
    OG : Marine in 3
    EotS : Marine in 1
    Bolderberg : Marine in 1
    Cyclone: settler in 2
    Tornado : Marine in 1
    Typhoon : Marine in 1
    Sufa : Worker in 3

Diplo

Other

Legoland has built lots of forts while I was on holiday. Most of them are 2 from cities. The little we can see inland also shows forts everywhere... This might indicate a spread out defense, instead of one focused on their cities.

I don't have time to make screenies right now, or I would have shown you...

Diplo Bug with GoW. - slightly concerned about lux expiry.

Next Turn

- shortrush to knight in OG

- shortrush to settler in Inchoff

DeepO

Just thought of something: from memory, it might be that I can replace the settler shortrush in Inchoff with a forest chop. I'm not sure anymore.

Oh, and I'll try to free some time tomorrow to look at the plans. At first sight, we have to delay shipping our invasion for at least 5 turns from now (so turn 241) to get near our preferred number of marines. We can do it in 4, but in that case we need an extra transport to ship the final 8 marines. Waiting has the added advantage we finish computers in time to upgrade our forces on our home turf (that means at least 242).

I don't particularly like the delay, but given the delay in amph. warfare, we really have no viable option left. If I followed correctly, Lego first can have access to tanks in turn 242. But we'll have a better idea once they finish electronics.

DeepO

Comment

I would rather go early without MI and face fewer Tanks than vice versa.

GoW will need to be notified if we are delaying further.

Comment

The way I see it is we have 3 options in this situation:

1. embark in turn 240. We've got some 45 marines ready. With chaining, we can add another 8 next turn. We don't have MI. We won't face tanks in the first turn

2. embark in turn 241. We've got our marines (or close anyway, we're looking at >53 marines). No MI, we discover the tech in turn 241. With chaining, we can e.g. ship 1 transport of upgraded MI to Lego as well. As we land in turn 243, Lego has at most 1 turn to build tanks.

3. embark in turn 242. Marines are ready, and all our infs are upgraded to MI. Further, we can already start on bombers and reinforcements, so that these will be ready at D-Day as well. Lego can have, at most, 2 turns of tank build at D-day.

Personally, the difference is so low that I would wait for option 3, or, go for option 2 and chain some MI to our invasion fleet (there should not be a problem with transports, we've got plenty). It only matters one turn, in which Lego can build some 10 tanks... which can cost us some 8 infs realistically, while it won't cost us many MI.

Oh, and GoW can't complain: it's because they were late in providing amph. warfare that we face this problem. Otherwise I would go for option 1 as well, and build barracks and upgrade our inf on Legoland.

DeepO

Comment

tough call. Personally I think we should go for #3, as the MI will help us in case of something going wrong with GoW and we are left dangling in the wind alone on legoland.

Comment

How many turns btw embark and strike?

I like the idea of turning up with MI, but unsure of the level of threat posed by their tanks. Does a single tank get multiple ZoC shots against passing units? Lego have forts everywhere. If they had tanks in these on our path would they keep shooting at all our moving units?

Comment

IIRC, if we embark in turn 241, we unload in turn 243. I might be wrong though, it has been a while.

Tanks in forts: Well, I'm not sure. I thought it only has one ZoC shot, but haven't tested this and it has been ages since I last faced tanks in a game (could very well be a year ago). However, those forts are something else: If we're going to settlerhop our way to their FP (and we want to), we need to destroy all forts and their contents in our way. We can't go around them anyway. Besides, every tank we spot would best be destroyed if safely possible, they're better attackers then defenders.

Does anyone know if forts end movement, like they used to in Civ 2? This might be a problem for our settlers.

DeepO

Comment

forts don't end movement, only barracades do that (in C3C, and AFAIK).
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                X