Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAUL - The attack on Legoland

Here we GOOOOO...

The basic concept so far? A lotta Marines; Being one myself, I am fine with that... but we need to flesh it out.

Again, I'm going to focus more on defense, so someone needs to step up on the attack. That's not just our own military plans, btw, but also coordination with other teams, propaganda, misdirection, etc. Also, tweaking the defense plans to best support the offense, providing build requirements as soon as possible, etc.

Takers?
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Offensively, I think we and our allies need to knock out Lego's whole picket line before the attack - and maybe a secondary line too if that springs out from their coastal cities. Otherwise they can concentrate their defenders. They can't Maginot every city, and we want 'em spread thin when we hit.

Comment

I haven't really thought much about offense yet... but in planning naval defense, what occurs to me is that given 5 move Transports, we are going to have to spend one turn at the mercy of Lego's land-based Bombers. That is very ugly, and way more important than their pickets.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

except their bombers can't sink our ships! We can play it right, so that even though they will know where are fleets are stationed, we will be forking the defenders. Damned RP has to move before lego, of course,

Comment

Same principle each way... Marine threat, counter-Bomber softening, naval finishing-off.

Sticky wicket, this is. Makes one respect the heck out of the RL planners in history. I'm still liking WW2 as the most analagous.

Comment

my view on this, in a nu shell (was mentioned in the 'hypothetical plan to invade Lego' I started a few months ago):

- We go with a full marine assault, after demolishing their complete picket line.
            - We attack one city, pillage all surrounding tiles so only cavs can reach us (or not even those), dig in in the conquered city, and wait for reinforcements to arrive.
            - Meanwhile, GoW attacks the other side, and does exactly the same
            - at first, we take it slow, conserve forces. We move over bombers and fighters, and slowly scorch(sp?) their land. After we gain the upper hand, we move in full force.

we need to have a tech advantage (Lego can't be allowed tanks, we need to finish them off, or at least burn them badly, before they've got tanks). We also need an ally (but it looks like we've got one), and the help of RP's conqs.

Above was the old idea, add to this some kind of diversion maneuver (preferably one that doesn't cost us any troops, or the strict minimum of troops), a good landingspot (one which is not so obvious that it is the only spot in Lego's territory that is defended), and a defense so we don't need to fear our backs while out invading Lego, and I'm happy.

Oh, and before you guys ask for impossible stuff: I feel there is a strict deadline here: we have to invade before turn 245, preferably at turn 240. Any later, and we risk facing tanks. So when putting together wishlists of the amount of troops, ships and planes, please bear in mind that I'm doing my best, but our resources are limited. 7.5 tank per turn... nothing more can be squeezed out of our land.

DeepO

Comment

a possible diversion move from another thread, probably too costly:

Ok, further along those lines....

I've looked at the map. halfway between quantum mechanico and sandonorico is a coastal hill. We drop a settler and 15-20 inf's on it, they might think that we are trying our trick from the vox war. Sure, the 20 units will die, but they'll eat a ton of cavs before they do. Plus we will have a lot of units adjacent to where we think their FP is and their desert (maybe take out an oil supply)

Comment

did somebody say.....attack on Lego?

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Vel, interested?

DeepO

Comment

Very! A little bird told me that there were some strange stirrings over in these parts, so I came to check it out!

how's our military size vs. the logolites?

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

we are weak to them, so that's anywhere I think, 20% on up larger than us. We do, IIRC have quite a few unupgraded units (pikes ets) which will provide a bit of a boost, but not enough to make us average, I would suspect.

Comment

Vel, check out the topped Smiths thread for DeepO's build analysis. We're intending to attack on T140 (T145 at the latest) before Lego can get tanks. We'll be upgrading Rifles, whereas others are probably already fielding Infs. Not having Rubber is a long-term concern, but in the short run we can get more defenders built.

Comment

units: I include from now on a break down of our forces in the turn thread. And yes, we've got plenty of obsolete stuff laying around

DeepO

Comment

Oh, and we're weak to everyone except VoX and RP...

DeepO

Comment

Map of city threat zones for the west coast of Lego (and our east coast):

Dots indicate number of cities that can be reached from that tile. White indicates one, yellow two, blue three and green four. For Lego attacking our cities, Magellan's is included. Assume 5-move transports are the basic unit for an assault (6-move for lego obviously). The tiles with double dots are those from which we can reach lego and from which they can reach us.

Last edited by vulture; June 8, 2004, 07:16.

Comment

Working...
                              X