Turn 186: 710 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 186: 710 AD

I'm starting on the turn. I've got one big question though: Are we going full on Electricity, or do we save cash for 1 turn to sponsor GoW, so that Medicine arrives quickly?

Also, do I need to hold the save for a while, to give us time to negotiate?

DeepO

Start

- RP sends back their WM for our WM, accepted. Accepted. I'm thinking that for the moment, we should probably keep our WM, even from RP, so that other teams do not know how far we are in our RRing.
    - We discover Steam! Set to Electricity, at 80% (can change later if someone comments on last question)

- Typhoon builds worker. Starts market
    - Sufa builds worker. Starts market
    - SS builds worker. Starts worker
    - Blizzard builds worker, starts market

361g, elec in 6 turn @80%, 595 bpt, -50 gpt.
    we're starting our RRing with 31 workers. If planned right, that should give us an extra 7-8spt each turn. RR priorities: EotS, Arashi, Cyclone, WoC.

Moves
    In general, the worker moves are not covered anymore, it gets too tedious. Only important stuff is mentioned.

- Monsoon9 gets irrigated, to stop it from starving.
    - Arashi gets RR on 77, 78, 7, 8, 6, 63. Also gets mines on 7 and 8. Currently on 27spt, needs one more RR (on the hill) to be able to get ToE in 10 turns. (last RR can be done later, only missing 1 shield). A path has been made so that all workers can get to EotS and Cyclone without losing movement.
    - Cyclone 23 gets RR. seems odd, but it was one of the few places the 2 workers from Sufa and Tornado could reach in 1 turn and still RR.
    - Last worker sarts on EotS7.

- Galley2 moves 2222, to go see if there's a little island down there (I doubt it, but you never know)
    - our Southern most galley (off the Lego coast) moves 221. No units in sight, Lego has no seawall. Galley will move a bit outside their cultural borders before heading back home to be upgraded if needed.
    - our Western most galleon moves 2222 to uncover some more fog.
    - Northern most galley moves 666
    - last Galleon (Eastern most, quite close to our Western most on the other side of the dayline) Moves4744. No Australia, it seems.

workforce shuffles
    - WoC swaps iron with Inchoff. shield was only going to waste in Inchoff, but can be used in WoC. I'll let the aqua complete before starting on the IW. Waste currently is 4 of 12 shields.

Current Builds

Eli : Aqua in 11
    Inchon : Aqua in 16
    WoC : Aqua in 6
    Inchoff : Harb in 4
    Diss : market in 3
    Santa Ana : Lib in 1
    Blizzard : market in 10
    Monsoon : Uni in 11
    Arashi : ToE in 11 via Palace (needs one more RR for eta of 10)
    WW : aqua in 16
    Tempest : bank in 6
    SS: worker in 2
    Hurricane : CH in 2
    OG : Mkt in 6
    EotS : Hoover Dam in 22 with RR (via Sistine)
    BB : lib in 4
    Cyclone: worker in 1
    Tornado : Uni in 12
    Typhoon : market in 20
    Sufa : market n 20

Other

- RP can't have another lux, only if they somehow trade their incense away to someone, and we provide an extra incense. Never mind then. They could use cities at El Paso 77, and if they want to disband one, they could move San Antonio to SA2, and build another one at SA8.

has this been communicated to RP? Who is our ambassador, BTW?

- no change in tech situation for other teams.

- turn has been played, and is ready to be sent. Do we need more time on the diplo front? Either I send it in the next 2 hours, or I'll hold it for another 8 hours or so when I get back from a family visit.

Next Turn
    RR plans: get Cyclone into 1-turn worker pump. Normally should have waited 1 more turn, but as it currently is at 5 food in the box, that would not be most efficient.
    Needs RR at 7, 2, 26, 4. Needs to have its workforce at those tiles, except 4 (which should be left open, so the new citizen can land there) which is replaced by 23, the tile already RRed.
    Main victim of this shuffling will be Sufa, which will need to give a land tile to Typhoon, to keep it from starving. Tornado also loses 1 shield, but that's no disaster.

In total, this uses 12 workers next turn, 4 of which won't have to move far. But another 8 have to come from Arashi. There are 27 workers ready to move, 8 for the tiles as outlayed above, 3 each for EotS 89, 9, 2, 21, 6, 99. That should leave the last worker to complete the RR on EotS7. EotS needs to shuffle to use most spt, but I don't think it will shuffle far.

DeepO

Comment

Some screenshots:

South:

North:

F1 screen:

DeepO
      Last edited by DeepO; March 14, 2004, 18:17.

Comment

Euh, Trip, could you tell us again how you can display uploaded screenshots? I remember you explaining it, but can't find the thread, and of course I forgot how it worked.

Thanks,
        DeepO

Comment

I've edited the image refence into the right format, but can't get the images to display. Can you check that the filenames are correct?

Comment

hold the save please

Comment

we need a decision on the gold to GoW. I think this turn. I have sent mz several emails (his pm box is full) . I don't have time to hail him on the chatting frequency today, unfortunately, can someone else see if he can chat, see what their min/max numbers for medicine are? Will the 300 gld we have on hand be enough to shave 2 turns off their eta?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
                Euh, Trip, could you tell us again how you can display uploaded screenshots? I remember you explaining it, but can't find the thread, and of course I forgot how it worked.

Thanks,
                DeepO
                I edited in the HTML tags, but as OPD said, it's not working.

Comment

The filenames were correct, I could click them and see the screenies. Don't know what happened after that, though

And I'll hold the save, Sleepy... I'll send it tomorrow before going to work. Unless we need to send GoW cash (I hope not), in which case I have to replay everything but make them the offer. That will have to wait until tomorrow evening then.

DeepO

Comment

I haven't heard anything back from mz yet. I don't konw what to tell you

Comment

For the moment, I'll just sit on the save then. I'll keep it warm

Could you also send a little PM to RP?

DeepO

Comment

Saying what exactly?

the extra city bit? I doubt they would want to disband a city.

Comment

how much would we be willing to sell Steam to ND for?

Comment

well, the extra city they can put on El Paso 77, the moving of the other is not likely to occur.

Steam: I don't know... we can use another lux, and we could use the money. Its market value is something like 3000 beakers first researcher cost, so what about 750 gold? Or 600 gold plus silks for 20 turns? That is not a bad offer I would say.

I would prefer they go for nationalism, so we can trade, though.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                              how much would we be willing to sell Steam to ND for?
                              Nationalism was the original plan - but cash might be better if that's needed to fuel GoW's research.

In principle, ND could pay GoW direct if they have the cash so GoW can put their foot down on Medicine immediately. In practice that is unlikely to be possible this turn.

Maybe we could ask ND if they wanted to pay cash instead of Nat, so they could have it sooner, and if so what would they offer?

Also, I assume we didn't agree to send Steam Power GoW as soon as we reasearched it, or did we?

Comment

Working...
                              X