No announcement yet.

Turn 178: 630AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair point - and we can get at least one in Hurricane. If Lego takes Cope's we're building Sistine in Tempest!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
      No, it's 22s after waste. This wonder business gives me a headache, I'm not sure how much more of the intensity to take. It's not fun.
      I have days when I feel like working out insane levels of micromanagement, and other when I don't feel like dealing.

You're having the latter. My opinion, for what it's worth, is to avoid burnout by just saying "screw it" at some point.

Besides, will shaving a turn off the ToE build help us? I thought the tech discovery and ToE completion date were just about synched up. If not, well, I guess go to size 12 and switch that other city to the library.

That's not a very in-depth analysis, I know.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Start

Eliopolis completes Library, starts worker
        OG completes Library, starts Mkt
        Sandstorm completes worker, starts worker

Moves

Hurricane went wrong, but may manage in 3. Using mnt this turn -3fpt, 23 spt
        Arashi set for 22 spt, -2fpt nicking mined grass Monsoon-3. Add worker next turn and use irr-grass Arashi-4
        Hurricans's Cope's set to GLib, Arashi's ToE set to Palace
        Typhoon shortrushes 1s via Longbowman to be at 40s, 5spt and takes turn off Lib

Worker from Sandstorm to Arashi
        4 workers fortress Hurr-8
        2 worker moves towards Hurr-9
        4 workers fortress Hurr-88
        Whirlwind plan has to be scrapped for Arashi priority. No growth or aqua now possible, so switched to Library
        2 galleys near Blizzard moves south toward Hurr
        North galley moves east 666
        Northwest galley moves 666

Current Builds

Eli : Worker in 2
        Inchon : CH in 9 (was 13 - growth & WLKT)
        WoC : CH in 2
        Inchoff : Harb in 11
        Diss : Courthouse in 4
        Santa Ana : Lib in 9
        Blizzard : Harb in 5
        Monsoon : Mkt in 3
        Arashi : ToE prebuild in 21 via Palace
        WW : Lib in 4
        Tempest : Newton in 3 {EDIT : should be 4 turns}
        Hurricane : Copernicus in 3
        OG : Mkt in 25
        EotS : Cathedral in 1
        BB : Bank in 4
        Tornado : CH in 4
        Typhoon : Lib in 8
        Sufa : Lib in 6
        Cyclone & Sandstorm : Worker-pumps

Diplo

Sent Physics to ND unnacepted again

Other

306g, ToG in 2 turns 70%, 427bpt, -5gpt

Next Turn

Hurricane adjust wf, trying to get to 400 in 2 without starving.
        Add worker to Arashi and use irr-grass Arashi-4
        Last edited by Cort Haus; February 20, 2004, 19:24.

Comment

I think we can just get SM in 21 turns with a little deficit somewhere, and this growth can get the build in 21 turns. If we can pip Lego, it'll be worth the sweat.

Comment

Arashi set for 22 spt, -2fpt nicking mined grass Monsoon-3. Add worker next turn and use irr-grass Arashi-4
            Aha... here's the difference. I get to 23 spt at size 12, with another mined grass! Of course, you'll need a couple of workers to change the irr to a mine, but that should get you 23 spt, and ToE in 20 instead of 21 turns.

Arrian, last count, we could get to SM in 18 or 19 turns. If Lego doesn't go for Mil Trad, and gets steam or medicine from Vox, they will be there at the fastest possible in 21 turns (if they don't have physics yet). So, at this point, we can be reasonably sure we will get ToE (the only problem being that GoW needs to finish medicine in time). Which should lead to Hoover as well... certain if we have coal, still likely if we can't get it somewhere.

It's looking good

DeepO

Comment

Also set OG's mkt to Hanging Gdns, and Diss's CH to The Oracle

Investigate that, Lego!

Comment

CH, SM in 21: do you take into account we're going to get gold from ND for Physics?

BTW, I would make them another offer: Physics and magnetism for 800 gold + 2 lux, and coal if we need it. And to GoW: ToG for coal if we need it, and a promise to trade for medicine within 12 turns, no gold. Together with the price difference between steam-medicine, that should be enough.

DeepO

Comment

Also set OG's mkt to Hanging Gdns, and Diss's CH to The Oracle

Investigate that, Lego!
                  Next turn, change some of these around if you feel up to it... BB and Sufa want to be wonderbuilders as well

Actually, the best shield producers are best for deception. They are not going to buy Eliopolis being on a wonder build, as it doesn't look that it can produce more then 10 spt...

DeepO

Comment

Turn sent.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
                      CH, SM in 21: do you take into account we're going to get gold from ND for Physics?

BTW, I would make them another offer: Physics and magnetism for 800 gold + 2 lux, and coal if we need it. And to GoW: ToG for coal if we need it, and a promise to trade for medicine within 12 turns, no gold. Together with the price difference between steam-medicine, that should be enough.

DeepO
                      Well, we might get some gold from ND. They've not got back to us. I'm wondering whether we'll end up loaning GoW some of that gold to push their Medicine harder. No point breaking the bank on Steam & Electricity to have to tread water waiting for Medicine. OTOH, if we have coal, we can speed up the build, so shaving time off the research might pay - IF GoW are on the pace.

Interesting idea about the ND trades, I think we should consider something like that. We can't make both of them offers for deals where they both supply us coal though, so difficult to set in advance, but I see the idea. What if ND has only one coal to trade and GS and GoW have none? What if ND don't wanna trade it?

I think we might want to spell it out to GoW to get them to co-operate with us to get ToE - to keep it out of Lego's hands. If they want Uni Suff then fine, but they can't get ToE.

Comment

CH, that's exactly the idea. Ask for both of them for coal for 20 turns, in case there is none in our territory. Starting when we want to (within 20 turns after discovering steam), and under the promise that we will give them steam in advance, later to be paid by Med or Nat.

In case we don't have coal, that would provide us with 40 turns of coal, which should be enough to get us Hoover, and RR most important parts of our continent. In case we have coal on our own, it was worth the risk... we will need to give them the tech anyway, especially GoW as we need them in the IA, researching Med for us.

In all, it is either a cheap price for coal, or a cheap insurrance which we didn't need... and they get something out of it as well.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                        X