Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 370ad

Save is here.

The knight stack near alamo has been eliminated, the stack Pamplona 22 is intact I think.

I haven't been real active lately, so this thread might be presumptuous. the latest vomit has ticked me off a bit

Military-I think we pull the Yk stack out via galley and send them south to garrison our remaining cities.

do we know what's still in pamplona?

Check out all the intel we can get from playing the game in conquests

Comment

Cool!! I didn't know you could do that!

Although it's, uh, er, depressing.

No matter... chin up, lads!!

(Thanks for starting the thread)
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

BUILD PHASE

Working from CH's plans in the Adam Smith thread, I've played through this phase, with some changes, having not left the city screen nor actually completed any builds.

Monsoon : Completes galley in 370AD. 8spt, set to alley.
        plan : galleys - west

OG : Will complete Galley next turn.
        plan : galleys - west

Beta: Galley.
        plan: Gift to RP? Timing?

Whirlwind : Finish this Galley, then set to Harbor.
        plan : galleys - west , but needs harbour soon to grow

Sirocco: Cat.
        plan: Same

Inchoff : Move wf from Inchoff7 (iron) to 9.Continue Courthouse (in 12t), then military - not a growth city yet.
        plan : military - knights?

Inchon : Completes Spear in 370AD, uses hill vacated by Eliopolis for 3spt - start pike
        plan : military defenders

Blizzard : galley, wf from Blizz-2 to Blizz-8
        plan : galleys - east

Wind of Change : Galley in 3 turns, move wf from WoC7 to 63 (iron).
        plan : galleys - east

Santa Ana : Pike, move wf from SA-6 to SA-87
        plan - defenders

DAMN!! I got this far and it crashed.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

I'm gonna have another go, but without staying in the city screens.

Comment

Jeez, it won;t even start... re-booting.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
              Jeez, it won;t even start... re-booting.
              sheesh

Comment

****E!! Crashed again!

I think I need to re-install the whole mess, using the C3C version of PTW. I'll do that tonight, and come home a bit early from work tomorrow... that'll provide CH an opportunity to comment as well.

Comment

Footnote to other thread - someone mentioned that they can't have taken out 19 knights without heavy casulaties. On a forest (defence 3.75), they'd lose 12.7 knights on average in that attack - although they must have had more than 30 on hand to have a decent chance of taking down the whole stack.

And this is one of our basic problems. They can mass forces well. Any stack of ours with significantly less than 40 units is going to suffer badly from the stacked combat effect, as per here (and plenty of times previously). And by the time we get 40 units in a stack, they'll probably have even more to hit it with... We need very large stacks to break even in the knight loss category.

Comment

I'll be posting more comments here when I come to look at the save.

My first thought - we have two settlers heading SW on Bob - towards 'Fort Liberation' and the spices. Is it worth founding these cities or are they just going to get trashed? Now we are, ahem, significantly thinner on the ground, it looks tricky to be able to defend these cities and the high ground around them.

We could pull the six remaining knights near Pamp back to FL and probably defend that tile for now.

We have more knights in Stormia - no longer needed for eastern defense, and plenty from up north. In a few turns we can have 20 Knights in Spain again, and we'll know where the Saltpeter is.

Comment

Some workforce orders are being prepared for the MM in South Stormia ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                        I'll be posting more comments here when I come to look at the save.

My first thought - we have two settlers heading SW on Bob - towards 'Fort Liberation' and the spices. Is it worth founding these cities or are they just going to get trashed? Now we are, ahem, significantly thinner on the ground, it looks tricky to be able to defend these cities and the high ground around them.

We could pull the six remaining knights near Pamp back to FL and probably defend that tile for now.

We have more knights in Stormia - no longer needed for eastern defense, and plenty from up north. In a few turns we can have 20 Knights in Spain again, and we'll know where the Saltpeter is.
                        I think we need to just hold onto the settlers for now, would hate to waste them, especially if we need to give up land on bob to get out of war, would hate to just build them colonies. We can always use them later, or add them back to cities.

Comment

South Stormia MM

Bolderburg : with mass city plantings in Spain now not on the cards, the settler now at BB and the one coming out of Typhoon can add to BB (to make it size 11), which can switch to a marketplace

Workforce allocation:

Cyclone : 77, 8, 1, 2,, 12
                          aim: for +5 food worker pump to build up commerce cities

Tornado : 77,4, 7, 8, 89, 1, 9, 2,3
                          aim: harbour and growth in 5 turns

Bolderburg: 4, 7, 8, 89, 9, 2, 3, 33, 36 (after adding settler)
                          aim: marketplace in 9, another settler coming for size 11. Should get chop in two turns

Typhoon: 4, 7, 8, 12, 3, 33
                          aim: settler in 2 turns for growing Bolderburg

Sufa: 47, 77, 4, 7, 11, 9
                          aim: aqua in 12, growth in 16

EotS: 41, 4, 7, 8, 11, 1, 9, 2, 3, 23, 33
                          aim: knight in 3 turns

2 workers by furs (Typhoon-33) mine the furs. Sufa needs that forest atm, so we don't want to chop it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

I think we need to just hold onto the settlers for now, would hate to waste them, especially if we need to give up land on bob to get out of war, would hate to just build them colonies. We can always use them later, or add them back to cities.
                            OK, what about workers? We have a few on Bob, and more on boats, but maybe we should be pillaging, not developing.

I think we probably all agree that we need to get Gunpowder and see where the SP is. If we've got none on Stormia, but some on Bob, it's worth holding and defending. Meanwhile, we have a few turns to see if GoW / and or ND want to talk serious peace, and in that time we don't build cities.

If we give RP their cities back now (they keep at least MT for now & we keep New Madrid) they can get the pikes going again, which is more than we can. Then it's worth our workers developing the Spanish cities. Militarily, we don't venture forward, but dig in.

Comment

I agree with the pull back and dig in. maybe we can hold out for awhile, maybe the longer we hold out, the more willing our enemies would be to talk. and maybe our holdings there have saltpeter.

Comment

Working...
                              X