• Further use of unit teleportation via city gifting

Vote, Stormians, and vote quickly.

-Arrian
    Yes, do it.
    71.43%
    No, don't.
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

I'd say Yes as part of a city exchange deal with two cities on North Stormia, and No otherwise.

(edit - I haven't voted on the poll yet, as this is my position. If the exchange deal is demonstrably unworkable, and GoW/ND didn't 'share' cats then it's a No)

Comment

I voted no,

if it isn't used someone should probably tell RP before they get the save
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

FYI - MZ's response to hypothetical exploits - from the 'Teams that are Allies thread':

1. Gifting of cities to move units across the map
        MZ: Debatable. It is not a game winning tactic in itself. I do find it "sneaky" but perhaps not borderline cheating. Many might disagree.

2. Gifting of cities for defensive purposes (IE gifting the frontlines)
        MZ: Allowable. This has happened in real life. Just look at the Arab union formed for the 1967 war (I think it was that war)

Comment

I liked Cort Haus' idea: 2 for 2.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I opened the save... first things, first: Spain has offered us WM, New Madrid, and Toledo, accepted (by them).

We'll have to decide in the next few hours, then I can play out the turn.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

okay, I quickly voted in favor of it... and am off to bed. Sorry to be so absent lately, guys. If you could get the turn threads more organized so that those who only glimpse over them could also comment, it would probably streamline actions here more. But, I'm hardly in a position to ask that from someone, if I can't do it myself.

DeepO

Comment

Take my yes vote with a grain of salt, as I have not yet looked at the save file (Cort Haus, did you just PM vondrack to get on the distributiion? Don't know if that's all there is to it or not.)

However, my understanding is that:

a) there was a clear agreement in advance that this was not permitted;
                b) it was a reasonably well-known as a trick that could be used;
                c) has already been used in this game; and
                d) might very well be used by our opponents later on.

Based on these facts, it seems reasonable to do this.
                They don't get no stranger.
                Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
                "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

All true, except a.

I'm gonna try and see who's online from the team... this is pretty important stuff.

Comment

I PMed alexman and SR, who were the only others currently on 'poly.

Comment

Summons received.

I'll be able to look at the save shortly.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yep, nye and aatw just came on as well.

Comment

While I'm against such things in general (I would not agree to play in a PBEM where this is allowed), I think we have already seen examples in this game of "tricks" of that nature. Capturing of friendly units for double movement, map exchange without the ability to do so in-game, renaming of units to mislead...

Do the teleport.

Comment

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, my new kitten is ill and we are quite concerned over here

I vote yes for the transport. Its been done before, and I don't think it will help that much in the long run.

But RP must not keep any garrisons in these towns in the future, build and send them off to pamplona.

Comment

sleepy, we just got a new kitten as well, on Friday evening. She is 5 weeks old... fits on my hand, cute as can be, and hilarious. Hope yours is OK...

Comment

Working...
                              X