No announcement yet.

Turn 140, 230AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could certainly advance 3 pike onto 4 4 1 this turn, as well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm working on the labor orders.

The following is going to be incorporated in the economic section, but I'm going to go ahead and post it here for consideration.

- (My apologies if this has already been addressed. I haven't been keeping up with things, so I don't know whether it has or not, but given the current build priorities and NYE's apparent concern about production keeping up with income, I'm a bit concerned that it might not have been.) Why so many spears? If we actually need more pikes, that's fine, and since spears/pikes are slower, they may have to be built first to get the same place at the same time. But every spear we build is a WC we don't, and building and upgrading WCs is the fastest way to transform shields into gold. (And contrary to prejudice, upgrading WCs is no less efficient than upgrading horsemen, assuming cities can build either type of unit equally efficiently. Either way, the gold cost per shield is the same. WCs just shift the balance to use more gold and less shields, which is perfect when trying to use a gold reserve to build up a large army quickly.) As I said, if we need more pikes, that's fine. But delaying an invasion due to prejudice in favor of building and upgrading horsemen over building and upgrading WCs would make no sense.

Comment

We do need more pikes. And we will be hard pressed to upg everything soon. WC's are coming in cities finishing spears.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Reiterating an email which not all team members have gotten:

nye (I assume) pulled a tremendously slick move, and re-named a Settler as "Worker" and getting it to Barc 44.

We are on the verge of being able to build a town at Barc 4441 (correct? not looking at the map) as our southern forward base.

nye, yes, I think we do want to advance before our roads.

Think Rumsfeld... all of these things should be happening at once... creation of the forward town, a road to there, threats on their captured cities, threats from RP, threats to GoW in the north, more More MORE!!!

Keep them totally off balance and wasting their move advantage, whilst concurrently maintaining an unassailable core.

AND... Vel, as our unofficial ambassador to Vox (and by extension, Lego), I can envision all sorts of possible mayhem on Bob's western shores.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I can't go much longer, guys.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
              - (My apologies if this has already been addressed. I haven't been keeping up with things, so I don't know whether it has or not, but given the current build priorities and NYE's apparent concern about production keeping up with income, I'm a bit concerned that it might not have been.) Why so many spears? If we actually need more pikes, that's fine, and since spears/pikes are slower, they may have to be built first to get the same place at the same time. But every spear we build is a WC we don't, and building and upgrading WCs is the fastest way to transform shields into gold. (And contrary to prejudice, upgrading WCs is no less efficient than upgrading horsemen, assuming cities can build either type of unit equally efficiently. Either way, the gold cost per shield is the same. WCs just shift the balance to use more gold and less shields, which is perfect when trying to use a gold reserve to build up a large army quickly.) As I said, if we need more pikes, that's fine. But delaying an invasion due to prejudice in favor of building and upgrading horsemen over building and upgrading WCs would make no sense.
              You want all WCs? Hmmmm. We could do that. Land with all, or almost all knights. It is 2 turns income for 3 upg's though.

There will come a time though, when we will need a whole lot of infantry. We could go to pikes when the iron hooks back up.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

I have to send the turn along. Run out of time.

I shuffled workforce. We can break in and switch things from spears to WC's at the beginning of next turn if that is desired.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Hold on, I can do the turn when I get back from work. I'll be a little hard-pressed on time, but if we need more time to discuss things then I'll definitely do it.

I haven't been keeping up-to-date with the specifics, so if you want me to do the turn please make sure that I get a specified list of orders in several hours.
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Shots

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I'm not involved in the military planning these days, so I don't know exactly what force mix is needed. My big point is that if we want lots of knights in a hurry for a quick offensive before our enemies get Gunpowder, building and upgrading WCs is the fastest way to do it. Whether we need additional pikes to accompany the knights and, if so, how many, is something for the military planners to decide.

Sorry about not getting economic inputs posted in time. My parents called and my dad and I got to talking.

Comment

I thought we were supposed to kill that rider.

Btw, anyone feeling like advancing two medinfs to Toledo-96 (hopefully killing ND's scouting medinf if he doesn't run away).
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                          I thought we were supposed to kill that rider.
                          Since the winning knight would be toast for certain (not to talk about the possible losing ones - no retreat!), the best deal we could achieve would be a 1:1 tradeoff. Our forces are irreplaceable for quite some time and we should be reluctant to sacrifice them for minimal gain.

Comment

You're right.
                            At first I thought that a 1:1 tradeoff would be good for us because riders are more dangerous than knights, but then again we can use the same knights to achieve much better outcomes if our plans go through.
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Well, GoW is playing smart - good move on their part, cutting that road. This isn't gonna be easy, but I think we already knew that.

Leo's makes things even uglier. Damn.

Re: spears or WCs... well, frankly we need both. Do what you think is best, NYE. Probably a mix of the two.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X