No announcement yet.

The RP PR Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting starting point to the next discussion with GoW.

"We are here first and foremost as Defenders of Spain."

Wipe out the Ansars on RP territory, and take it from there.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus

Interesting starting point to the next discussion with GoW.

"We are here first and foremost as Defenders of Spain."

Wipe out the Ansars on RP territory, and take it from there.
      We are on a holy crusade led by Frater Ralphus to drive out the Moors.

We should inquire as to the extent the MPP is in play. Attacking offensive units in a third party's territory doesn't seem like something to require a mpp.

Ah, here's a thought, they probably have a clause saying that it is void if Nd attacks another civ. So, essentially both civs might avoid us and slowly rumble towards pamplona.

Comment

GoW might avoid us until we start to seriously annoy them with blocking move (e.g. have a 30 odd warriors from East to West in a maginot line), and they will probably try to not pass our cultural borders as well. ND however? I think they will simply pass us, even if they don't attack us.

Which makes it interesting: would a clause telling them to not attack any other civ then RP also includes passing someones cultural borders? We've got a lot of diplomatic jugling on our hands

DeepO

Comment

In chatting with RP as they were playing their turn, I arranged to have two pikes from Toledo shifted to where they can be moved to protect either Toledo or Pamplona, depending on the situation. As I understand it, that plus other builds and shifts should give them seven pikes and two horsemen in Pamplona. Barring truly atrocious luck, with cat support, that should provide enough forces to hold against at least ND's first wave. (Keep in mind that ND has to kill two units to take Leon on the way to Pamplona, assuming I understand RP's plans correctly, and the first Ansar in the attack would be vulnerable to a MedInf counterattack from Zaragosa, so Pamplona shouldn't have to beat off all ten Ansars if ND tries to press ahead as quickly as possible.)

Comment

By the way, don't be surprised if ND and GoW make a joint decision about how to handle our getting involved in the conflict. They can always amend their alliance agreement however they feel like they need to to deal with the situation.

Comment

Oh, I fully assume that the lack of either direct contact or public forum activity is due to ND and GoW manically developing their plans... jointly, and, given the tensions, separately.

What tangled webs we weave...
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

That sounds good! Should be 3 Horsemen too, as they had one from Bilbao. I think they would lose Toledo if those Pikes go to Pamplona, but it would hurt GoW at least. The problem then is that GoW can make it to NM very quickly, instead of moving slowly through the jungle around our territory. We could use our units to block the Mountain range SE of Toledo.

How many more turns are on the Chivalry NDA?

Comment

Chivalry NDA ends at our turn 131... 3 turns from now

And we will still need to decide if us taking Toledo isn't better for RP, but this will depend on what happens on the ND front

DeepO

Comment

It would be nice if we can figure out a way to help RP keep those Horses alive until then. It will really help things out if RP has some mobility. Otherwise cities taken purely by Ansars can't be properly counter attacked.

Comment

Back to the topic of this thread: Arnelos is starting to comment on us accepting cities, and our reasons to do so. We should avoid this! No lose public announcements, if we want something public, we should at first discuss it amongst ourselves.

I can understand the frustration of Arnelos, we have all felt it before when under attack, but it's too easy to damage our relation to Lego if RP starts to spill things.

DeepO

Comment

Bleah. People in the public forum are calling this "RP's brilliant move."
                        Anyway, you're right DeepO. I'll send him a hasty PM (I'm sure that the team would back this up, if not - still, no harm done).
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Shiber, we also need screeshots and unit counts.

Comment

About "RP's brilliant move" I wouldn't worry about it right now. Wait until they we shove 30+ units down their throats.

If GoW wants to think that RP is playing us, fine. That doesn't change what we do. We get our army over there and we kick the everliving **** outta ND, and GoW if they get in the way (or after our NAP expires).

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Actually, it's good for us if others (not only GoW, but more importantly Lego and Vox) think RP is puppeteering us. In reality, I think it's the other way around, and we want to hide that at all cost. So let them think we're too naiev to see how RP is manipulating us, I don't mind at all!

DeepO

Comment

By the way, UnO just went fishing in that thread (writing up an absurd version of events) that I *almost* responded to with this:

*swooosh*

The sound of the baited line being cast by UnO.

Goin' fishin' today?

-Arrian
                                But then thought better of it.

Let them eat static.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X