• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to me
    to SR
    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

To OPD. My uprisen barbs are taken care of as well, the main harm being that I ended up sacrificing my work on two courthouses in remote, highly corrupt cities switching production to regular spears. Only about five shields were actually wasted, but the setback in trying to get courthouses going in the two cities involved hurts.

Edit: Crossposted with OPD's message above.

Comment

230BC to FP. Sorry, sent twice.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
          It's hard to judge because I didn't see their moves, but I think the Barbs committed suicide on the spears of my Mercs rather than loot an undefended city. Cool.
          Is it just me or did anyone else notice, that with 1.21f the barbarians are less "smart" than in 1.14f. It seems, they're much more suicidal again, and eagerly seek battles they would have avoided in the previous version.

Comment

The barbarians from my uprising were too cleaver for their own good. They kept trying to go around defended targets to get to undefended cities/workers, allowing me to pick off five out of eight before they attacked. The last three died attacking a regular (now elite, of course) warrior with three hit points left defending a city on a hill. These barbs certainly did not just attack the first unit they saw the way the pre-PtW barbs did.

By the way, I think workers are probably too high on the barbs' target list right now. In AU 402, I had a barb that could have hit a city I was almost finished with a granary in before I could get a defender there. Instead, the barb moved right next to one of my warriors in order to try to get to a worker, and I was able (barely) to kill him.

Comment

Another turn to OPD.

Comment

sent
                Are we having fun yet?

Comment

210BC to FP

Comment

to me
                    to sr
                    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

190BC to FP

Comment

Received and sent to OPD. This is going almost as fast as AU 402 today.

Comment

sent to sr
                          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

170BC to FP

Comment

To OPD. Congratulations on beating me to the Great Lighthouse, Sir Ralph.

Comment

nm
                                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                                X