No announcement yet.

A club? Tournaments? Money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never even considered that... I thought the tournaments were going to be on-line. I was already wondering how you could get people interested enough to play up to 10 PBEM games before getting their prize

If a $25 (VIP) entering fee would include transport to an event, you can count me in. So far, I never visited the states before

DeepO

Comment

Come to think of it, didn't this already happen with CtP? Alva, maybe you know more about this, but I've got a friend (well, a friend of a friend of a friend. Don't even know his name, but have seen him a couple of times) who was into telenet tournaments for CtP. I don't have time right now to find the site, and I'm sure it was Dutch, but maybe you know what I mean, I saw you were active in some telenet gaming community earlier.

Heh, you may even know who I'm talking about, for a long time he was #1 on the CtP tournament, but last time I saw him they beat him, and he was angry to be #2 (this was years ago, though)

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
        Never even considered that... I thought the tournaments were going to be on-line. I was already wondering how you could get people interested enough to play up to 10 PBEM games before getting their prize
        If playing MP Civ in real-time actually worked reliably it would be possible to play online tournaments for money. Lots of RTS games have such things.
        However, I don't think the system is reliable enough for Civ. bah!

So, yeah, it would have to be an attendance event with networked PC linked directly to each other. Hopefully that would be actually playable.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Actually, some former class mates of mine started a company to host networked tournament games, most of them FPS and race games (also because one of them was one of the best F2000 players in the world). If I remember the stories correctly, these events were very cumbersome to organize, and I doubt they made much money out of it... but they had loads of fun, that's for sure

DeepO

Comment

Come to think of it, didn't this already happen with CtP? Alva, maybe you know more about this,
            Nope, can't help you there
            -
            Interesting thread.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well, I searched for it, but it has been too long, it seems. maybe my memory is faulty, but I was quite sure it was part of the telenet game community.

Anyway, while searching, I found a URL with a tournament and league... it was the only one I found with a fast google.

(not paid, and not terribly active either, it seems)

DeepO

Comment

Working...
              X