No announcement yet.

The Last Song of the Beach Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well since we're quoting lyrics, here's one that perfectly describes DR's passions, from the vaults of the Great God of the Desolators himself:

"And I hope that you die
    And your death'll come soon
    I will follow your casket
    In the pale afternoon
    And I'll watch while you're lowered
    Down to your deathbed
    And I'll stand o'er your grave
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead"

Farewell Euphorica. Not a tear has been shed in the land of the Desolation Row for your passing, for you are responsible for bringing war down upon our fair lands and the untold shedding of Desolation Row blood. Our captains and generals rejoice in your destruction.

[ooc] So long chaps, and well played.....I hope some of you find refugee status at Babylon and play on [/ooc]
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Euphorica will never be forgotten

One day Inanna, Goddess of Heaven and Earth, decides to visit her sister, Erishkegal, Goddess of the Underworld. It is heavy upon her heart that the people of Euphorica that have past on be well. Down the rocky path of spirit we go.

As we travel toward the deep realms, we see a huge gate blocking the path through a cleft in the rocks. There is a gatekeeper on the other side of the gate, and he challenges Inanna. "Go away! You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" Inanna replies, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!"

We walk on along the downward path. Soon we approach a second gate, with gatekeeper on the other side. "Go back" he cries "You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" Inanna replies, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" The guard replies, "Well, I see that you are powerful, but even so, if you are to enter here, you must leave your diadem at this gate." Inanna removes the jewel that hangs by a golden chain on her forehead, that she may continue her journey.

We follow Inanna further along the path. We come to yet another gate blocking the way. And again a gatekeeper proclaims, "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" And Inanna replies again, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" And again the guard retorts, I see that you are powerful Nevertheless, in order to pass, you must leave your necklace at this gate." Inanna removes her glittering necklace and is allowed through the gate.

As Inanna walks on, we follow her, always down and down. Around the next bend lies yet another gate and gatekeeper. "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead may enter here!" "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" "Nevertheless, in order to pass, you must leave your shawl at this gate." Inanna removes her billowing silk shawl and drops it at the opening gate.

On down the way, around turns and twists, deep into the warming heart of the world. And then, another gate, and a keeper who cries again, "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" And the reply: "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" And the retort: "I see that you are powerful, nevertheless, you must give up your belt in order to pass this gate." Inanna unbuckles her jeweled belt and hands it to the gatekeeper. He opens the gate.

Yet another gate guards the way to the underworld. And yet another keeper cries out, "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead may enter here!" And Inanna replies yet again, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" And yet again a forfeit is demande: "You must leave your skirt if you are to pass." Inanna removes her long, tiered skirt, and passes through the gate.

Undeterred, Inanna continues down the path, and we continue with Her. And we come to the final gate to the Underworld. The gatekeeper cries, demanding the sandals of Inanna. She walks out of them, and naked, enters the domain of her sister, Erishkegal. To give these up is truly to enter the realm of the dead.

Inanna sits and talks with her sister. They discuss the family and then come to the plaight of Euphorica. The sisters tour the Underworld, regarding all that is past and over, all that is in the process of dissolving into elements that will be recombined. Inanna finishes her talking and touring having looked in on many of the Euphoricans that have made the passage to this place.

She announces that she is ready to return to earth and heaven now.

Let us give to each other these symbols, sharing, saying, "The water of life. The food of life."

(drums beat throughout Heaven and Earth)

We walk with Inanna back up along the path out of the Underworld. We follow the beat of the drum leading us back to life. At each gate we take back what we put down.

(drums fade out) As Inanna returns to earth, she ponders the fate of the Euphoricans and looks out over her beloved Babylonians.

Inanna resumes Her throne, the weight of her peoples lives heavy in her heart. May the guardians be praised that Inanna is there for us.

Inanna, Queen of Heaven and Earth, we thank you for taking us with you on your journey. May we be with You always. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the North, of earth, of body, we thank you for your gift of wholeness, of knowing Who We Are in these bodies. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the West, of water, of emotion, we thank you for the love and caring that rescues us and brings us life. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the South, of fire, of will, we thank you for the will to support each other. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the East, of air, of intellect, we thank you for the depth and wisdom of the unconscious that makes us whole. Hail and farewell.

The circle is open but unbroken. May the peace of the Goddess go ever in our hearts. Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again. Blessed be.

Comment

Babylonian heathens! Renounce your false gods! Embrace the only true God and his Son, Jesus of Antioch, or perish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube
          Babylonian heathens! Renounce your false gods! Embrace the only true God and his Son, Jesus of Antioch, or perish!!!
          Um thats not for about another 400 years or so.......
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Which History are you reading? The one being written here I hope.
            The Sherrin Foundation
            Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Originally posted by James the Scot
              Which History are you reading? The one being written here I hope.
              Here there and everywhere.

One needs to read several versions of the same subject.

Because opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Certainly a long song.
                Long Live The Horde
                Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

Originally posted by Rubychaser
                  Certainly a long song.
                  Life is a Long Song (1969 - Ian Anderson )
                  So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Great story Planet!
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Re: Euphorica will never be forgotten

Originally posted by planet

The circle is open but unbroken. May the peace of the Goddess go ever in our hearts.
                      Oh wise and wandering one - a great story indeed.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Re: Euphorica will never be forgotten

Originally posted by planet
                        One day Inanna, Goddess of Heaven and Earth, decides to visit her sister, Erishkegal, Goddess of the Underworld. It is heavy upon her heart that the people of Euphorica that have past on be well. Down the rocky path of spirit we go.

As we travel toward the deep realms, we see a huge gate blocking the path through a cleft in the rocks. There is a gatekeeper on the other side of the gate, and he challenges Inanna. "Go away! You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" Inanna replies, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!"

We walk on along the downward path. Soon we approach a second gate, with gatekeeper on the other side. "Go back" he cries "You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" Inanna replies, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" The guard replies, "Well, I see that you are powerful, but even so, if you are to enter here, you must leave your diadem at this gate." Inanna removes the jewel that hangs by a golden chain on her forehead, that she may continue her journey.

We follow Inanna further along the path. We come to yet another gate blocking the way. And again a gatekeeper proclaims, "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" And Inanna replies again, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" And again the guard retorts, I see that you are powerful Nevertheless, in order to pass, you must leave your necklace at this gate." Inanna removes her glittering necklace and is allowed through the gate.

As Inanna walks on, we follow her, always down and down. Around the next bend lies yet another gate and gatekeeper. "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead may enter here!" "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" "Nevertheless, in order to pass, you must leave your shawl at this gate." Inanna removes her billowing silk shawl and drops it at the opening gate.

On down the way, around turns and twists, deep into the warming heart of the world. And then, another gate, and a keeper who cries again, "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead can enter here!" And the reply: "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" And the retort: "I see that you are powerful, nevertheless, you must give up your belt in order to pass this gate." Inanna unbuckles her jeweled belt and hands it to the gatekeeper. He opens the gate.

Yet another gate guards the way to the underworld. And yet another keeper cries out, "Go back! You are not the dead! Only the dead may enter here!" And Inanna replies yet again, "I am a very powerful Goddess; I do as I wish and go where I like!" And yet again a forfeit is demande: "You must leave your skirt if you are to pass." Inanna removes her long, tiered skirt, and passes through the gate.

Undeterred, Inanna continues down the path, and we continue with Her. And we come to the final gate to the Underworld. The gatekeeper cries, demanding the sandals of Inanna. She walks out of them, and naked, enters the domain of her sister, Erishkegal. To give these up is truly to enter the realm of the dead.

Inanna sits and talks with her sister. They discuss the family and then come to the plaight of Euphorica. The sisters tour the Underworld, regarding all that is past and over, all that is in the process of dissolving into elements that will be recombined. Inanna finishes her talking and touring having looked in on many of the Euphoricans that have made the passage to this place.

She announces that she is ready to return to earth and heaven now.

Let us give to each other these symbols, sharing, saying, "The water of life. The food of life."

(drums beat throughout Heaven and Earth)

We walk with Inanna back up along the path out of the Underworld. We follow the beat of the drum leading us back to life. At each gate we take back what we put down.

(drums fade out) As Inanna returns to earth, she ponders the fate of the Euphoricans and looks out over her beloved Babylonians.

Inanna resumes Her throne, the weight of her peoples lives heavy in her heart. May the guardians be praised that Inanna is there for us.

Inanna, Queen of Heaven and Earth, we thank you for taking us with you on your journey. May we be with You always. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the North, of earth, of body, we thank you for your gift of wholeness, of knowing Who We Are in these bodies. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the West, of water, of emotion, we thank you for the love and caring that rescues us and brings us life. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the South, of fire, of will, we thank you for the will to support each other. Hail and farewell.

Spirit of the East, of air, of intellect, we thank you for the depth and wisdom of the unconscious that makes us whole. Hail and farewell.

The circle is open but unbroken. May the peace of the Goddess go ever in our hearts. Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again. Blessed be.
                        Blessed be

E_T
                        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                        Worship the Comic here!
                        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

So say we all
                          Neo Voxian and
                          President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

Hmm well written indeed but a tad strange , Godesses stripping down in the same place as the dead etc etc

What sort of films your parents been letting you watch Planet
                            A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Who were these Bards?
                              The Sherrin Foundation
                              Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Working...
                              X