• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear
      -
      Sorry mate, I don't understand your vocabulary.

Or is that just another +1?
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback.

Ljube, that is a very measured response and I agree with most of it. You are probably right at the end and my only excuse, not explanation, but excuse, is that I did and do feel hurt by things that were said and also about things said about the Bards. Thanks for the feedback.

Aqualung, thank you also. You are not privy to all the inputs that I have had, and it probably would not make any difference.

Chrisius, I would like to placate you also. I just don't know how. I just can hope for some understanding, and if that isn't there, tolerance.

Thanks for your responses, they were actually surprisingly restrained.

[edited repeatedly in an attempt to not PO anybody, hurt anybody or generally be any more of a jerk than I have already demonstrated myself to be.]
        Last edited by Golden Bear; September 30, 2005, 23:26.

Comment

Indeed.
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Good Bye to the Bards. Thanks for the experience. I shall hear your haunting melodies always.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
              Good Bye to the Bards. Thanks for the experience. I shall hear your haunting melodies always.
              Victory with graciousness

Thanks, I was beginning to think that was no longer a possibility at Apoly
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by ormuzd
                the reports did never mention horsemen with mails nor crusaders. But it is a very good picture anyway.

Indeed they didn't. Nor our conversion to Christianity.

However, we be Christians, converted to the right religion by Jesus of Antioch during the siege of that city. That was one of the reasons that siege was abandoned.

Comment

Hulagu Khan (you can read more on him in Wikipedia) had a powerful mother that was a Nestorican Christian.

Comment

Euphorica has been self supporting untill the end. We gave more than we received. So be it.

The extrapolation that was applied here, is again based on false assumptions, for truth, again, is not what some want to see.

Reality is stated as being the way things are, but everybody has a different point of view. Some make an effort to broaden their perspective and come to understand more. Some remain to be short sighted.

There's no wrong or right in that. I have once been deeply impressed by seeing a perfectly happy, poor Peruvian farmer. His poorness was my point of view, he considered himself rich. It was I who had to travel halfway around the world, who suffered the poorness, as I could not be satified by remaining in my small ecosystem. What works for him doesn't necesarily work for me and the other way around.

There is however a right and wrong on judging and taking actions based on an arrogant state of mind considering your point of view the perfect point of view/ truth and not looking beyond that window.

Enjoy your games. I choose not to participate in any other team. I have a dfferent point of view on how (team) games are played. This doesn't work for me.
                    don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube
                      However, we be Christians, converted to the right religion by Jesus of Antioch during the siege of that city. That was one of the reasons that siege was abandoned.
                      How dare you accuse the Desolation Row of being Christian! Jesus you say? We have no such citizen!

But hey, if you abandoned your seige because of him, maybe we can find a couple more Jesus' somewhere
                      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by McMeadows
                        Euphorica has been self supporting untill the end. We gave more than we received. So be it.

The extrapolation that was applied here, is again based on false assumptions, for truth, again, is not what some want to see.

Reality is stated as being the way things are, but everybody has a different point of view. Some make an effort to broaden their perspective and come to understand more. Some remain to be short sighted.

There's no wrong or right in that. I have once been deeply impressed by seeing a perfectly happy, poor Peruvian farmer. His poorness was my point of view, he considered himself rich. It was I who had to travel halfway around the world, who suffered the poorness, as I could not be satified by remaining in my small ecosystem. What works for him doesn't necesarily work for me and the other way around.

There is however a right and wrong on judging and taking actions based on an arrogant state of mind considering your point of view the perfect point of view/ truth and not looking beyond that window.

Enjoy your games. I choose not to participate in any other team. I have a dfferent point of view on how (team) games are played. This doesn't work for me.
                        "Point of view" is sometimes choice. You choose to look at some as arrogant, but under some points of view yours could be considered arrogant as well. I choose not to look at you this way.

Thanks for playing. I enjoyed you and your team and getting to know all of you. Learned a few things along the way also about the personalities involved...some lessons were not easy. Still, I wish you and all The Bards the best. Hope to see you all in the first Civ4DG.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71

How dare you accuse the Desolation Row of being Christian! Jesus you say? We have no such citizen!

But hey, if you abandoned your seige because of him, maybe we can find a couple more Jesus' somewhere
                          Infidel!

Comment

"And she was singing,
                            Bye, Bye miss American pie,
                            Rode my Chevy to the Leavy, but the Leavy was dry,
                            And good 'ol boys were dringing Wiskey and Rye,
                            Singing, this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die"

You will be missed, Euphorica.

The Music isn't dead, as long as those who had heard it, remember.....

E_T
                            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                            Worship the Comic here!
                            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

"Nothing really matters,
                              Anyone can see,
                              Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows...."
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                                "Point of view" is sometimes choice. You choose to look at some as arrogant, but under some points of view yours could be considered arrogant as well. I choose not to look at you this way.
                                I did not mention "my" point of view, nor "your" while addressing arrogance. It is you who fills in those pointers.

"The damage is done, I guess I'll be leaving...."
                                don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Working...
                                X