Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Real Puppet Master Please Stand Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice map - just what the observer ordered!! Thanks 1889. Now if I can just remember who is who when they post. Of course, Paddy is easy to remember . Also, it is not clear which cultures belong to which States. BOH is easy as in Babylon. But LB and Euporica, etc.?

Golden Bear

Comment

BoH couldn't have gotten currency from DR unless AM was involved - which is possible. Krill or Ormuzd would have to have sent this... and if you are right, this betrayal reaches further back than it was implied by the BoH (as their 'evidence' dates back not that far)...

I feel that I should answer this. Yes, We could have traded currency to BOH.

But so could Lost Boys. Or BOH could have finished researching it themselves. I don't have a clue what happened.

If it was LB, though, 1889 is quite the puppet master.

---

Don't be terrified. I dislike this too, but not all DGs are like this. It's odd... PTWDGII and MZODG are fine, but PTWDGI had its public forum fighting too and now the C3CDG is following suit.

If this isn't your style, check out the PTWDGII or the MZODG over at MZO.

And don't be afraid of PBEMing. I have yet to see any of my PBEMs actually get heated, much less to the level of the PTWDG1 or C3CDG.

Klo, I reckon it is because in this game most of the players are new to multiteam demogames. I mean, Neither Babylon or AM have contributed to the flame public forum threads, and both teams teams are controlled by old hands, as it were. Even Euphorica were handling the game cooly until Rhoth went on paternity leave.

Paddy is just the exception that proves the rule.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

all part of the service old chap

and it sure would be boring if everyone here played to "type"

I thought the idea was to mix it up, get the teams involved and play hard
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well, at least we don't have GF's Truth-O-Meter(tm).....

Yeah, some of the things that were publically stated, in the PTWDG 1 almost wrecked that game. As it was, there was a lot of people who had left different teams, because they just didn't want to deal with it any more. Which was sad, as they were very good players (and persons) and they lost the 'fun' aspect of the game. It had also created some animosities, that took some time to heal up (if ever).

E_T
          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
            The initials of the current alliance Euphorica, Lost Boys and Babylon make ELBa.......an interesting irony perhaps?

Oh, and BOH, AM and DR make BAD

Yes ok, I've been hanging around the Hangman thread too much lately It's all snoopy's fault!
            /me needed Aqualung to make just ONE More wrong answer
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

hahaha

hope you are building lots of walls in the cities you decide to keep
              Attached Files
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear
                Second, I am now absolutely terrified of playing C3C head to head or democracy. I very much like to get along with people and harsh wordage bothers me, even in RP, when done to excess. I think that you are/were all friends.
                Allow a seasoned PBEM/demogame player to add a few comments

Some games can get *very* competetive. To the point that many of the participants forget that it's only a game. I've been there myself. I lost sleep over the PTW ISDG and the ironciver qualifier killed most of my enthusiasm for civ (I was in the winning side in both games btw)

There has been other games though, less serious ones, where I gotten my ass handed to me and laughed all the way

My best advice is to try a few games and eventually you will find the flavour you likes the most
                Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Are we any closer to learning who is the puppet master?
                  Long Live The Horde
                  Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                  Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

I am the puppet.
                    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by Rubychaser
                      Are we any closer to learning who is the puppet master?
                      Surely you know the answer please share with the rest of us

Originally posted by skrobism
                      I am the puppet.
                      No IM the puppet.

*con wonders whether this will catch on or not*
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

/me wonders who cut his strings
                        Long Live The Horde

Comment

There is a good Brutallica song, called "Master of the Puppets", could that be some national anthem for someone?

Comment

Originally posted by Omnistar
                            There is a good Brutallica song, called "Master of the Puppets", could that be some national anthem for someone?

Long Live The Horde

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                              us

No IM the puppet.

*con wonders whether this will catch on or not*
                              No, I'M the puppet, and so is my wife!

(well I got it anyway )
                              So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                              Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

We are the Babylonians' Peoples' Front Crack Suicide Squad!

Suicide Squad, Attack!!

"You Silly Sods..."
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X