X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hai!

Ooooh - the vote is close.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Shogun

I'd prefer to play with no mods or restrictions. Just don't start out as one of the 'good civs' and leave the King unit at home for the first few years and the rest is challenging enough. Play on Demigod or Sid.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Objection to Ninja use withdrawn, expect that we shouldn't use Ningas to target King units.

On the Japan one on Demigod, I'd want some restrictions. On Sid level for the same one as long as we are one of the poor civs on the smaller landmasses, I'd probably withdraw all restrictions.

So maybe the order of the next series of polls after we have a winning conquest is:

How much do we mod:
        A. No mods
        B. Implement AU Army Mod as much as applies to conquest
        C. AP on
        D [If Japan wins] : Disallow monks pillaging.
        E [If Japan wins] : Get rid of king units.
        F [If AoD wins] : Make Irq human playable

Then after that would be what civ should we play?
        If AoD wins, the civs starting conditions should be pretty self explantary, but list them anyway.
        Ex: Protogual : starts with Dias Voyage that creates a colonist every 8 turns and a Nav school increasing naval movement and generating an explorer and also in a GA, but has no UUs. Most favored civ to win on any difficulty level.

Incas: The worst start of all MesoIndians and probably worse overall. Only the Irq have a lower chance of winning this. A settler must found a city on a hill tile on the mountian range to bring irrigation to what little grassland & plains is near Cuzco. Jungle can not be settled without clearing [east] and desert on west coast is impassible. [nerfing half of their agricultural traight, and the other half is nerfed in the capital until reaching Cathloic Monarchy.

If Japan wins, it's a must that they starting conditions of each civ be listed.
        No civ traights for any civ, but this means building any GW will trigure a peaceful GA.
        3 start on the SW most island
        2 start on a island NE of that one but S of the main island
        The rest are on the mainland, some are on rivers, others a long ways from them.

Next, there should be a poll on difficulty level.

Finally, there should be a poll on what conditions we want to set upon ourselves. If we choose Sid level, I'm inclined to no restrictions if our civ isn't a leading one. But on DG level, I'd want significant restrictions.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

yes a no REGICIDE Japan game sounds interesting

should be simple enough Mod, still keeping the Diamyo, and his upgrades etc
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

wow, I'll put the daimyo on the front-line then

Comment

Without the King ability, so will the AI.

Be sure to place AI flags that make sense for the various versions.

The first few versions should probably be AI defense only, the middle versions should be both AI offensive and AI defense, and the last versions AI offense only. (Similar to how in RoR, AI defense flags were removed for all versions of Legions)

Originally posted by ormuzd
              wow, I'll put the daimyo on the front-line then
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Do we move onto the next poll then?
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by skrobism
                  Micha:
                  Tisk tisk tisk. England sacrificing people! And you were concerned about historical placement of cities?
                  Hehe, good point. But then, we all know that the English are barbarians, and I didn´t say *who* they sacrificed

Anyway, the point is that AoD is much too easy without houserules, and much too inflexible with them. But maybe it is possible to find a golden middle way to make the game both difficult and pleasant...
                  Last edited by Micha; May 12, 2005, 14:25.
                  Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                  Let me eat your yummy brain!
                  "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I just noticed on a Civ Fanatics thread that there is a bug with custom maps including conquests to where the map size calcs used equals the last random map created by the player who starts it.

This could explain why tech rates & corruption varies on starting on a conquest.

We will need to equalize these settings across the world sizes so that it doesn't matter what size world the program thinks it is.
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

Number of votes in each previous poll [including ] :
                      16 / 24 / 26

So far in this one, there is only 20.

Do we move onto the next poll then?
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

jon:
                        OK. No rush. We still have the Roman world to conquer. For some reason I was thinking this poll was closed.

micha:
                        I guess it would be OK for England to sacrifice some of the French - and only the French.
                        Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Lets do the Roman one again
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Three Sisters! Three Sisters!

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                              Number of votes in each previous poll [including ] :
                              16 / 24 / 26

So far in this one, there is only 20.
                              up to 22 now, so a will leave this a few more hours
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

ok, 24 votes

The Age of Discovery = 6

Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun = 12

= 6

moving onto: do we modify the scenario for a better game?
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X