The Age of Discovery
    25.00%
    Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun
    50.00%
    :ana:
    25.00%
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Neither is very appealing to me. I think I'll sit it out. Anyway, the teams democracy game is keeping me busy these days.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Courage... yep some courage to not vote
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Masuro, I expect in either case, they would be a combo of mods + player restrictions taken upon ourselves to provide more of a challenge.

Ideas list if AoD wins (any of the below):

If we play any European civ, we will neither reserach nor steal any of the native american techs. If we play any Meso Indian civ, we will not buy workers.

1. Mod to make Irqouis playable [start size 3], add domination victory condition at 40%/40%, and try to win via domination or VP on Emperor level.

2. Play a european civ, but try to win via culture [either one,] instead of VP.

3. Play the Incans on Sid and try to win at all.

4. Play as the Aztecs on Demigod+ and try to win without ever sacrificing any workers. (Either culturally or VP)

5. Play a European civ, but try to win on VP without ever returning treasure.

Ideas list if Japan wins

Mod it so that monks may not pillage.
        Start as one of the five civs that aren't on the main island,
        with the following player side restrictions:

1. We'll never build any Ninjas nor Monks.
        2. We will never build the equailvent to the UN; if we conquer it, we will never call a vote.
        3. We may not attack any AIs capital unless:
        A. That if the AIs only remaining city OR
        B. We are going to attack the AIs King [at the most defense their tech allows] with ours. (NO BOMBARDMENT to be used in this case.)
        Last edited by joncnunn; May 10, 2005, 14:21.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Hum, we currently have deadlock:

1 AoD
          1 Japan
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

hehe 3 people post, 3 different votes
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

I have played AoD last weekend as England on Emperor, and it turned out to be a cakewalk once the initial years have passed. The trick it to trade every inch of the map immediately for as much as possible. Then I stole a tech from the incas which provided the possibility to build their sacrificing altars (+10 culture per turn per town). After that, it was a race whether VP or culture would score first (VP won by 3 turns)...

Personally, I am no longer in favour of that mod. I discovered several map problems which make historical town placement impossible (since you´re not allowed to settle on forest) and the AI isn´t trying hard enough to take out the natives early. For me it´s ok to either apply most of jon´s proposed changes in addition to some map changes to AoD (or allow settlement on forests), or play Shogun.

Simply because I am now satisfied with Discoveries, I will vote in favour of the Japanese scenario.
              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
              Let me eat your yummy brain!
              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

This is too much. I care less with each vote.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

age of discovery only because I have played Sengoku it was very big game just like our current with Rome

Comment

Sengoku!

But joncnunn's restrictions/mods are too much. Ninja's are THE reason to play.

Micha:
                    Tisk tisk tisk. England sacrificing people! And you were concerned about historical placement of cities?
                    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I'm added the no stealing or resreaching native techs to the list of restrictions we should try upon ourselves if we are euorpean and the no buying workers restriction if we are mesoindian civ above.

Were not supposed to found cities in historic locations; the rule about no planting cities on forests is to cut down number of potiential city sites in this conquest. Similarly, you may not found cities in jungle in this conquest. You need to chop the forest and clear the jungle first. [chop forest at the slow pre-Conquests rate]

Originally posted by Micha
                      I have played AoD last weekend as England on Emperor, and it turned out to be a cakewalk once the initial years have passed. The trick it to trade every inch of the map immediately for as much as possible. Then I stole a tech from the incas which provided the possibility to build their sacrificing altars (+10 culture per turn per town). After that, it was a race whether VP or culture would score first (VP won by 3 turns)...

Personally, I am no longer in favour of that mod. I discovered several map problems which make historical town placement impossible (since you´re not allowed to settle on forest) and the AI isn´t trying hard enough to take out the natives early. For me it´s ok to either apply most of jon´s proposed changes in addition to some map changes to AoD (or allow settlement on forests), or play Shogun.

Simply because I am now satisfied with Discoveries, I will vote in favour of the Japanese scenario.
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

The AI just can't handle invisible units.

Well, I suppose one option would be to make Ninja's visible.

Originally posted by skrobism
                        Sengoku!

But joncnunn's restrictions/mods are too much. Ninja's are THE reason to play.

Micha:
                        Tisk tisk tisk. England sacrificing people! And you were concerned about historical placement of cities?
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                          The AI just can't handle invisible units.

Well, I suppose one option would be to make Ninja's visible.
                          Then are they ninjas?
                          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

AI kills so quickly ninjas that I stopped producing them and marched with samurai armies through the opponents

Comment

well the vote for which mods this is not
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X