No announcement yet.

The 25 Years of Optimus Betamus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff Betamus....looks like you had loads of fun...you were indeed a Military Emperor, and wielded your armies well!
    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
      [125BC - their turn

All 5 cavalry next to Gibia attack the city, and kill themselves.
      Reminds me of the glorious Turkish suicide squad in Life of Brian

Comment

some great work done there Emperor

Long live Optimus Betamus !!!

Long Live Rome !!!
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Thanks folks! It was fun. But it is a bit of a bear to play. Not the same as a normal 3000bc turn in pbem.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

One thing is for sure, if our rep wasn't trash already, it is now,

Both the Persians and the Scythians broke a 20 turn cease fire deal with us to declare war on us, but the AIs will blame us.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

jon - I don't understand. Is that how that will work?

What is interesting - and I forgot to mention it above, is that Carthage came seeking a peace deal the turn before that - and I rejected it. When they ask fo peace on their turn - you can't get to the map to see what cities to ask for (at least I don't know how one does it), as I was remembering the strategy thread discussion about Carthage being willing to give cities in Spain in exchange for peace. I meant to revist the matter on our turn. I forgot about - and the next turn, all hell breaks loose.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Well done, Emperor, well done indeed.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

When any 20 turn deal is broken prematurely, the AI always counts it against both sides.

That is why in my own current game I did not renew my alliance against the Aztecs but kept the war going on.
                  Doomed Aztecs about to be wiped out. In fact the very next turn.
                  This kept my reputation intact.

I'll check tomorrow afternoon how close the Carthagians are to surrending all of Spain, but I suspect we may need to capture that size 7 city first.

jon - I don't understand. Is that how that will work?

What is interesting - and I forgot to mention it above, is that Carthage came seeking a peace deal the turn before that - and I rejected it. When they ask fo peace on their turn - you can't get to the map to see what cities to ask for (at least I don't know how one does it), as I was remembering the strategy thread discussion about Carthage being willing to give cities in Spain in exchange for peace. I meant to revist the matter on our turn. I forgot about - and the next turn, all hell breaks loose.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                    When any 20 turn deal is broken prematurely, the AI always counts it against both sides.
                    Are you absolutely sure? I've played many huge maps, with numerous alliances broken by the AI before the 20 turns limit, but my reputation seemed to stay good.
                    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

.... Silk Meadows falls ....
                      don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

I know Mcm. It sucks. Blame the Emperor at the time. I was sucker punched by the Scythians.

Comment

Do not hang your head, dear sir, for it is in struggle that boys are made into men, and remember the saying of the Bard ...

Code:
                          [i]We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                          For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                          Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
                          This day shall gentle his condition[/i]
                          - Henry V, Act IV Scene III

Seriously, that diplomatic situation sucked ... but you rolled nicely with the punches Optimus Betamus. Thankfully my emperorship was not as interesting ... dang chinese proverbs ... we are happy to call you Brother Emperor and welcome you to the band of brothers that were called Caesar.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44

Are you absolutely sure? I've played many huge maps, with numerous alliances broken by the AI before the 20 turns limit, but my reputation seemed to stay good.
                            What I am sure about, because it's happened to me on several frustrating occasions.....if you are trading luxuries or gpt deals with a civ who is either wiped out or has their trade route disconnected from you due to a war they are in, you get the rep hit and become a trade pariah. Thousands of years of nursing your reputation can go up in smoke from no fault of your own.

So be careful in such instances - don't trade with civs about to die!

Comment

Working...
                            X