Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxiumus Meadae 275-250 BC - Military issues (first read please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the majority of senators - defend Noviodunum, Let Trajan build an army of legionaries and crush someone and upgrade all but the elite legins II.
    I'm still wondering who should be the target of Trajan's army - the celts or the carthage cities in Spain. If we make peace with carthage than maybe the celts should be our next target. But if carthagians don't give their island cities we could attack them.
    As general we should try to secure both luxuries (silks and spices) and build the Bacchanalia

Comment

Actually, sending this army to take the one-city Carthaginian island wouldn't be such a bad idea. If we have a Galley there, that is.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by McMeadows
        sacking = burning it to the ground.
        Roger that

I just wanted to make sure we all agreed on what "sacking" was.

I concur that is the way to go
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

overkill

Originally posted by Modo44
          Actually, sending this army to take the one-city Carthaginian island wouldn't be such a bad idea. If we have a Galley there, that is.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Senator Joncunn -> Maybe, but fun and very, very quick.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Definitely build FP ASAP in a nearby city, imho. Distance effects won't matter much, rank corruption is usually much more relevant.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Bananis Imperialis Maxiumus Meadae,
                I just looked at the voting results. That's clear as mud. Heed our advice and may you bring glory to Rome!
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

All Hail his majesty, Bananis Imperialis Maximus Meadae! Glory to Rome, Glory to the Bananis Imperialis!

Why is it not surprising at all that that went through?
                  Before Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Carry Water.
                  After Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Carry Water.
                  I reserve the right to speak gibberish in public, to embarass myself as a Senator, and to generally ignore the Bananis Imperialis; assumed competent. The Decadence that was Rome scoffs, I stand in the Bacchanalian temples laughing.

Comment

Actually the distance reduction is very significant if in the right CN range.

I found that the FP in Neo Carthage in my own game resulted initally in very low corruption in Neo Carthage, the other Carthagian Spainish cities and the western most North African cities.

Later as the game progressed, corruption substantlly increased there as all sorts of cities were built and captured with lower CNs than those, but even that was offset by court houses until the game was very close to winning.

We'll have a big OCN increase from switching govts from Obligarchy to Imperalism.

The affect of Imperalism + FP anywhere on the map will be a virtually corruption free Italy, eastern Silicy [west Silicy may still need a CH], and Sardina.

Actually, a FP in either the Spiece city owned by the Celts or a city half way between Italy and the Silks on a river wouldn't be a bad idea. Other good locations are near Barcelonia and in North-Central Greece.

That spiece location largely elimates corruption in France, that halfway to the Silks largely elimates corruption in the Balkins, Barcelonia largely elimates corruption in Spain, and the North-Central Greece location largely elimates corruption in Greece and Macedonia. [Turning the area chosen from strictly building Garrisons without rushing to Heavy Calvarys without rushing.]

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Definitely build FP ASAP in a nearby city, imho. Distance effects won't matter much, rank corruption is usually much more relevant.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

this thread is closed

Hope to see you at The Three Weeds Tavern for a jug or two
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                      X