No announcement yet.

350BC - last directions for the Emperor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm counting 18 votes total and 6 votes for each of the three attack options for another total of 18.

Now we do seem to be evenly divided into three factions, so you'll have to make the call if we don't get a wave of late votes.

Originally posted by Modo44

As much as I insisted, you still weren't careful about the options I gave you. It seems to me that some Senators have chosen more than one decision concerning our plans against Carthage (the "attack order" options). What you will get from this i my own will coming on top, of course. Divide et impera, as was once said by a very wise man.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Based on what inferstructure we have already and the ability of Legions to add new roads when not doing anything else, plus the atticipated slaves from capturing Silicy, Sardina, and Corscia [4, 1 for Western Silicy, 1 in each town in Sardina and Corsica ] and raizing Carthage (2 - 3), I think that 1 worker per city is sufficent. So I would not be opposed to having all cities except Roma build 1 worker each [and the new cities building a Garrision followed by a worker] but after that I see a much higher priority for Legions.

Originally posted by Aqualung71
      Guys, guys, I have to say you're missing the most important point! WE HAVE ONE WORKER ONLY!!!!!

For the first few turns, we MUST invest in many many workers, so that when our cities grow, we increase our production and commerce power. Then we will have sufficient production to build our military. Ignore Workers, and we risk falling behind early.

I suggest building predominantly Workers for the first 10 or 15 turns until we have an average of about 1.5 per city.
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I was thinking about dividing the build. Many core cities can start Legions and have them ready after 5 or less turns - for the next Emperor to use. Cities farther away from Rome could provide Workers, possibly making two. This way we could have the second wave of Legions out faster.

There's one thing about slaves - they work slow. We will have many Hills and Mountains to improve and Forests to chop, so I suggest we prepare loads of Workers. Padua could help, since the huge food surpulus gives little options for other builds (at least until it has some Mines around).
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

On City sites:

I like Roma 6-6,
          like Padua 4-4,
          and love Padua 8-8-8

Don't like Pauda 9-9-9-8-8, [no free aquaduct]
          hate Paudua 9-9-9-9 [no free aquaduct and too close to other city sites I like]
          Don't like Pauda 9-9-9-9-6 [no free aquaduct]

I'd also love either Roma 8-7-7-7 or Roma 8-7-7-7-7
          The second goes better with Pauda 4-4 would lose us a forest-chop. (I hope everyone has played RoR as Rome at least one turn so I didn't spoil anything.)

Don't care for Padua 3-3-6 at this time.

I'd want to see a screen shot of the area around Napolis 9-9-9 before judging, but my gut instinct is that the sites around the rivers in Northen Italy are better.
          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
            Don't care for Padua 3-3-6 at this time.
            I tried to, but couldn't figure this one out. If you move 3-3-6 from Padua, you land in the water.

Comment

I tried to, but couldn't figure this one out. If you move 3-3-6 from Padua, you land in the water.
              And it will be called Atlantis.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I use slaves in stacks of 3 on the mainland and Silicy. That way the stack is just as fast as one normal worker.

On Corscia and Sardina, I just let the tile improvement be really slow. Sardina's main importantance is the local Spice + denying any other civ a jumpoff point to Italy.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Where is the option???????

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

couldn't figure this one out.
                    I've been watching and trying to learn from your SG here. Could someone explain the system you guys have (ie 4-4 from rome, 9-9-9-8 from padua)? I tried on my own and also searched alot of boards with no luck. Thanks!

Comment

If you use the Numpad to move your units, you use numbers to denote the directions. For example:

8 is north,
                      6 is east,
                      2 is south,
                      4 is west.

For example, if I'm talking about Padua 9999, I mean the place 4 tiles north-east of Padua. As if I had a unit with unlimited moves and hit the Numpad 9 key four times - that's where the tile under consideration is. I hope that helps.

Comment

thanks

Modo

Thanks for the explanation. I play on a laptop w/o number pad - but makes perfect sense and should have figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X