• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burn baby burn....
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Now that we are out of Anarchy, and can use cash, I have one proposal to make. Let's rush Courthouses everywhere we can. We should be able to do it, and still keep a large treasury in reserve for units.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Let's spend down to around 1000 gold. If there's not enough Court Houses to be rushed, rush Market Places and/or Legionary IIIs and/or Heavy Calvary.

We just want to have 1000 gold when the Bacrilla completes for the full 50 free cash per turn.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• Why courthouses (on Italy, anyhow)? I think there are much more valuable things to build - admittedly far afield they are valuable, but I think marketplaces, and definitely military units (particularly Heavy Cavs - yes, they only have a 5 attack, but the 2 mp make a huge difference - I'd definitely have made a heavy cav army rather than one of the legion armies).

Either way though I definitely recommend spending some cash Save some for quickrushing temples in captured cities, though. I'd spend down to 1500 myself, depending on income.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Basically, Courthouses reduce corruption for the rest of the game. This can allow some better MM to shave off a turn from units for the rest of the game. Markets are the next best thing, giving additional cash for the rest of the game (we won't be researching much more). Not the best, because we have too few luxuries to make them push cities into WLTED (E for Emperor, of course ). Other builds don't do that. We have enough cash to make those rushes in approximately 3-4 turns (counting both Courthouses and Markets in most cities), and get back to units. Many cities have them already, which means no slowing down in unit production.

We don't need to rush Temples in captured cities, except on islands. We get them for free in most places.

Comment

• Legionary IIIs benifit more than Heavy Calvary being in an Army.

A Legionary IIIs has it's movement speed doubled! Heavy Calvary just has it's movement speed increased by 50%

Also a Legionary III army doubles as a defender to a stack of Heavy Calvary in the field.

I'd have to check to be sure, but I belive the Court House builds would shave a turn off of HC / Legionary IIIs in those sites. Also when combined with a Market Place, the Court House will pay for itself in those ciites.

We have no need to rush many Temples at all, we own the Temple of Artemis which builds one for free in any new city we conquer on the main contentinant, including North Africa.
              Income according to the screen shot is in excess of 200 per turn. That will increase.

Edit: After looking at the turn, there are in fact some cities in Southern Italy that should have their builds switched to Court Houses and rushed.

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Why courthouses (on Italy, anyhow)? I think there are much more valuable things to build - admittedly far afield they are valuable, but I think marketplaces, and definitely military units (particularly Heavy Cavs - yes, they only have a 5 attack, but the 2 mp make a huge difference - I'd definitely have made a heavy cav army rather than one of the legion armies).

Either way though I definitely recommend spending some cash Save some for quickrushing temples in captured cities, though. I'd spend down to 1500 myself, depending on income.
              Last edited by joncnunn; December 22, 2004, 20:35.
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• why couldnt we be the bigger of the civs and simply stand down..pause if you will and maybe give peace a chance?

Gramps.."Have some hope left" Troll
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• We want to win. There's not enough easily accessable land to settle alone, OTOH, a pure conquer stategry without setling empty lands takes too long as well. So we need to agressively settle empty lands and conquer opponents.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

• ok..i often play games whereas I try all avenues of peace..including massive buildups of cities and infrastructure to thwart attacks..

I agree, war in most cases is the only option

Gramps

Comment

• I say we need to make peace with Carthage and embark on a military build-up to cripple the Macedons.

Continued warring with Carthage (after Sardinia/Corsica is conquered) will only net us totally corrupt towns to the far west of our empire. Yet there are Macedon cities just east of Rome that would contribute handsomly to our economy and production.

Attack Macedon!
                      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Aqualung71
                        I say we need to make peace with Carthage and embark on a military build-up to cripple the Macedons.

Continued warring with Carthage (after Sardinia/Corsica is conquered) will only net us totally corrupt towns to the far west of our empire. Yet there are Macedon cities just east of Rome that would contribute handsomly to our economy and production.

Attack Macedon!
                        On this I concur, listen to the wise one here, lend an ear to a Prudent thinker..please.lest we fall pray to mobs..and plotters

Comment

• Please post any issues for the upcoming adminstration here

Templar Science Minister

Comment

• Originally posted by joncnunn
                            Please post any issues for the upcoming adminstration here

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=127365
                            This sounds as though a mtion is upon the floor..I hereby second and make a mtion we follow our fearless administrator through the portals and venture to where he wants to lead us

Comment

• Comments on the situation in the year 180 BC.

There is land left to settle, both to the east, and to the west. All continental cities get Temples for free, so even the most corrupt ones can give us culture, and lots of claimed land. I think we should be building cities in a very wide spacing from now on, including the first border expansion in the calculations. This will allow us to rapidly claim a big territory.

We talked long ago about options for a Forbidden Palace. It would be nice to finally get it. We're losing a big part of our production potential to corruption that could be prevented. I am surprised no Great Leader emerged to do it. Well, in my opinion, we can't wait any longer. We should start building the Forbidden Palace in a city that can do it relatively fast, even if close to our core. Aquilea seems like a useful candidate.

Comment

• Let us build this F P..down with coruption

with Modo the Great!

Comment

Working...
                                X