Amendment 2: Make the Vice President Elected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amendment 2: Make the Vice President Elected

I propose this amendment to make the Vice President elected.

The complete removal of subsection k of section 1 of article I:

(k) The President must appoint a Vice President and may appoint any other deputy ministers, such
    as for science and the economy, as he or she feels necessary.
    (i) The Vice President must be appointed in accordance with Article VII, Section 6.
    (ii) The Vice President assumes all powers and responsibilities of the President should the
    President be unable to perform.
    (iii) The Vice President shall assist the President in the duties of his or her office whenever possible.
    (iv) The President may not dismiss the Vice President. The Vice President may only be removed
    via impeachment.

The complete removal of section 8 of Article VII:

8 Immediately after winning the election, the President-elect must appoint a Vice President.
    (a) Any citizen who is not a Minister-elect or Judge may be appointed.
    (b) The Vice Presidential Nominee must be confirmed by a majority of the Senate in a poll that
    shall last 3 days.
    (c) The President-elect shall make all reasonable attempts to post the confirmation poll on the
    15th, so that the appointed Vice President, if confirmed, can take office shortly after the start of
    the term. If the President-elect is subject to a run-off election, he or she shall make all reasonable
    attempts to post the confirmation poll on the 18th.
    (d) If the Vice Presidential nominee is not confirmed by the Senate, the game shall continue
    without a Vice President until a Nominee can be confirmed.

Further the removal of subsection (a) of section 11 of Article VII:

(a) A President so elected must immediately appoint a Vice President. The Vice President must
    then be confirmed by a majority of the Senate.

The changing of section 9 of Article VII from this:

9 All newly elected Ministers, the President, and Vice President (if confirmed) begin their term of
    office on the 18th of the month. The previous Ministers remain in control of their offices until the
    same date.

To this:

9 All newly elected Ministers, the President, and Vice President begin their term of office on the
    18th of the month. The previous Ministers remain in control of their offices until the same date.

Change section 1 of Article VII from this:

1 Elections for the President, Supreme Military Commander, Foreign Affairs Minister, and
    Domestic Minister shall begin on the 12th of every month.

To this:

1 Elections for the President, Vice President, Supreme Military Commander, Foreign Affairs
    Minister, and Domestic Minister shall begin on the 12th of every month.

Add this as a new subsection k of section 1 of article I:

(k) The President may appoint any deputy ministers, such as for science and the economy, as he
    or she feels necessary.

And finally add this as a section to article I:

2. The Vice President
    (a) The Vice President assumes all powers and responsibilities of the President should the
    President be unable to perform his duties.
    (b) The Vice President shall assist the President in the duties of his or her office whenever possible.
    (c) The President may not dismiss the Vice President. The Vice President may only be removed
    via impeachment.

You may vote yes, no, or abstian if you so wish the poll will run for 7 days as stated in the Con.
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Abstain/Banana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

I never thought we should bother with the crusty old Con, and just do whatever was OK at the time without having to refer to silly old rules threads, but sure, why not?! This amendment looks good to me.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

rules threads = +1s so they all good
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Well I'm just one of those from the old game that likes to have ordered rules. So hows the A3C doing?
        Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
        President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

a3c ????

Comment

Apolytonians Against a Constitution = A3C

Comment

I'm starting to think that no constitution would make parties more powerful...hmm, must think some more.
              Duddha: I will return...
              Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
              "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
              Free California!

Comment

constitutions need to be manipulated to suite our party best ./...

Comment

You mean the 3A2C3... the Association of Apolytonians Agaisnt a Constitution for Civilization 3....

Oh, I'm still the founding and only member.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

damn those acronyms are getting bad ....

Comment

You have three days left to vote in so if you haven't you better get to it.

Comment

i did

Comment

Looks like a good voter turn out
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

wel lthe 10 regulars are here !!!!

Comment

Yes come on people 20 voted in the presidentual race this deals with the con we should be able to get atleast that amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X