Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberKruX
    scout SE SE
    But that wastes one move, everything made visible by the first SE move would be visible from the final position. by moving S, then E you end up on the same mountain tile but get a glimpse of the western river also.

I think.

Comment

GF South and East certainly seems a good move. The only comparable ones would be SE E or NE E. Both of these will put us on Mountains, but neither would reveal as much as GF's suggestion. Also, The S E idea will take us near to that suspected coast region of ruby_maser's.

South and East, anybody?
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

i think the mountain will show the same tiles either way, but i could go with S, E. not a biggie
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          i think the mountain will show the same tiles either way, but i could go with S, E. not a biggie
          It's some time since I made an investigation of the Ci3 sight system, but IIRC you would not see mountains 3 tiles away even if you are on another mountain, but you see them two tiles away if you are on the ground. So the difference would in that case that you have a chance to spot another mountain.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Two tiles South looks like a coastal tile to me, or possibly floodplain/desert. At any rate, the scout could go either S then E or NE then E. I agree with settling NW of current position unless we see something amazing with our scout, like a herd of cattle.

Comment

Could the authors relocate our starting position one tile west onto the forest tile along the river?
              Last edited by joncnunn; April 28, 2003, 10:36.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Isn't that kinda cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                  Could the authors relocate our starting position one tile west onto the forest tile along the river?

Comment

Isn't that kinda non-serious?
                    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

south and east for the scout, road for the Worker (more trade sooner) and then mine. Settle NW on the river.

E_T
                      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                      Worship the Comic here!
                      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
                        south and east for the scout, road for the Worker (more trade sooner) and then mine. Settle NW on the river.

E_T
                        Seconded.

Comment

No, I'll have to agree with going S E to the mountain with the scout, then we'll decide on the best possible start
                          Last edited by Master Zen; April 26, 2003, 18:45.
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Okay, dejon, your new avatar is starting to freak me out.

Its too ominous for you.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                              Okay, dejon, your new avatar is starting to freak me out.

Its too ominous for you.

I am the Commander of the Armies of Spain, you know.

You don't buy me as a warmonger?

Comment

Working...
                              X