Starting Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Position

The Map is finished. After it is decided which colour, civ name and leader name and title will be used, you're ready to get going.

MrWIA and UnOrtho have asked me to post a screenshot of the starting location. The first shows the opening screen; the second shows the terrain after the map is 'cleared' with Ctrl-Shft-M.

Good luck to you all! May the Banana be with you!
    Greatest moments in cat:

Great news, BFM!

Where's the sea?
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I think we should start by moving the scout north.

The best cityposition within one tile range would be NE as you get away from the known montains, and get next to a river which is very important for the capital.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

You mean NW, surely?

Comment

No jungle? BFM, you call this a start position?
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Move around a bit. There might be sea and jungle enough for everybody.
            Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

What about moving him south, then east it would get closer to the apparent junction of the two rivers and end on a mountain which should dissipate a lot of fog.

Comment

If everyone agrees we should move settlers, I presume we'll start mining the shielded grassland we start on immediately?

Comment

I would move the scout onto one of the mountain first, then unless we see something special (i.e. a valuable special within easy reach) we move NW and settle.
                  Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                  Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                    You mean NW, surely?
                    Yes a problem with W and E beeing net to each other on a Qwerty keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by CiverDan
                      I would move the scout onto one of the mountain first, then unless we see something special (i.e. a valuable special within easy reach) we move NW and settle.
                      In that case the southest mountain. It looks as if it has the most prommising suroundings.

Comment

If you look at the extreme edge of the tile to the south of our settler, right at the edge of the fog the color seems to shift to sandy desert or coastal appearance.

We may be nearer to the ocean than we think.

I agree with moving the scout onto the southern mountain. If it turns out to be coast, I would still move one tile NW and settle; leave it for our second city to have the sea.
                        "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

I suggest we move this discussion into Unortho's DM discussion thread....
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

scout SE SE
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Move the scout toward the rivers - placing the capital on a river will be a great advantage to us.
                              Join a Democracy Game today!
                              | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Working...
                              X