When starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When starting?

Just thought I would ask, when are we going to start this game?

I would say we start on April 27th. That should be enough time to finish all this prelim stuff, and yet close enough to maintain interest.

Will term X carry over as term 1, or should we hold elections first?
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Since I am leaving town for some time next week, I vote on new elections. I signed up for one month, not two.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Guess that solves that question, now all we need is a new constitution to decide what the positions are.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

New Game. New World. New People. New Civ. New Colour.

-->

New Government.
        Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
          New Game. New World. New People. New Civ. New Colour.

-->

New Government.
          and a new avatar for all.
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Nope. I like mine

Comment

So, when is it going to start?
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

What to do about the Constitution is giving me a headache. I had hoped that some consensus could be reached by now or that a brilliant idea would come to me. It hasn't.

As far as I'm concerned, further delay is out of the question. The last polls to post are difficulty and opponents. Then nominations, elections and play. We thus have two choices.

1. Use existing Constitution This is IMO far too bulky for the start game, but we don't need to look at the thing for ages anyway. Possible in the short (one - two terms) term.

2. Do things through informal agreements whilst those who want change look at the rules and get a working set of them up quickly. This is what I would ideally like, but likely unacceptable to a large number here who clearly want rules.

Thus I suggest we keep what we have until we can sort out some changes. Things will be so simple early on that we will hopefully avoid the problems people asociate with parts of the current NewCon. OK?
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I agree. It is too bulky for the start. Who needs RA's when there is only 1 city, etc. We should use a simplified of the existing one until it become pratical to use the "real" one.
                  Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                  Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

Similar to what the RP PtWDG team is doing, we could simply name the 'President' our Despot, and add the rest once we hit Republic.

Comment

sounds like a good idea, it shouldn't be a democracy if there really isn't one in the game. More fun for roleplayers too.

speaking of new avatars...
                      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

/me wants to be the dictator of the world when he grows up

Comment

MWIA, i suggest we go with suggestion #2. For the first part of the game it will do. As far as the constitution goes lets have 5 positons Pres,VP,Domestic,Foreign,SMC
                          However, may I suggest that the Prez be a "strong Pres" until at least monarchy. He and all the other must get elected, but other than that can do as desired. This doesn't have the checks and balances of a true "constitution", but in the end elections are the true check and balance on a leader. I actually would propose the following.
                          1) Until monarchy other elected postion are advisory
                          2) During Monarchy the leader must take their advice but they can do as they desire.
                          3) In republic we basically bring in a full constitution.
                          I do suggest a no confidence vote as an option to remove a leader in the early game, kind of a coup.
                          Aggie
                          Last edited by Aggie; April 6, 2003, 22:19.
                          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                            MWIA, i suggest we go with suggestion #2. For the first part of the game it will do. As far as the constitution goes lets have 5 positons Pres,VP,Domestic,Foreign,SMC
                            However, may I suggest that the Prez be a "strong Pres" until at least monarchy. He and all the other must get elected, but other than that can do as desired. This doesn't have the checks and balances of a true "constitution", but in the end elections are the true check and balance on a leader. I actually would propose the following.
                            1) Until monarchy other elected postion are advisory
                            2) During Monarchy the leader must take their advice but they can do as they desire.
                            3) In republic we basically bring in a full constitution.
                            I do suggest a no confidence vote as an option to remove a leader in the early game, kind of a coup.
                            Aggie
                            hi ,

so , in short , we risk facing a despot till a king , ......

no thanks , we should be democrazy all the way from the start

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Uh, panag, I don't think ANYONE wants to vote on whether we move the worker north or east, or some such. It's just too inefficient and stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X