No announcement yet.

Most Memorable Moments in Demo Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even thought it is related to me (which I guess is why I remember it) the time when Persia and Germany both declared war on after being bribed by France and I went on a post frenzy of posting 169 posts in a span of 6 hours to convince everyone not to make alliances with other civs and to fight the three of them on out own.

That was the day I ceased to be a lurker in the demo game and started being active. (Not necessarily a good thing for Apolytonia)

Comment

Yes, the good old days. Most of the best memories have been mentioned
      Some of mine not mentioned are:

1. The Mr. Orange v. Reddawg case - some great oration by that defense attorney

2. The first (or any) Gazette (as a symbol of all the Gazette's) .

3. Saving Moral Hazard and then UnOrthOdOx from the despicable Joan de Arc in my early days as an explorer/justice;

4. That maneuver of dropping swordsman to the west of that French city....did we call it Uber's Maneuver, or something like that.

5. Godking winning it all in Jungle Ball

6. Oh yeah and the good old days when Ghengis Farb was just a lurker in the demo game
      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

My Apolytonian Racial Elitists thread

I think everyone has already mentioned everything else I can remember, oh yeah, except mabye the DIA UFC political battles.
        Duddha: I will return...
        Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
        "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
        Free California!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha
          My Apolytonian Racial Elitists thread

I think everyone has already mentioned everything else I can remember, oh yeah, except mabye the DIA UFC political battles.
          Lol, brings back memories.....I loved engaging in those debates.

Hey! What about the time we captued our first capital, the city of Washington. Remember the story from long ago of Uber marching down the battlefield, and then when Ninot made the "Washington Address"?

.....lol....brings back memories indeed.

"The election between ninot/trip was more infamous than famous, I would suggest that after the game is over we see who should have won that election, just for historical accuracy." - Aggie

Great idea Aggie! That would be ALOT of fun...I just hope that poll didn't get (permenantly) burried. It would be very interesting if we could get the moderators to open it up and see who voted for who etc LOL.

Comment

TIMELINE COME ONLINE
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yup hes back.
              I guess the DIA didn't need that clone after all.
              Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
              Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
              President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

MPP-gate (though I wasn't there)

Sir Donegeal and his knights. We still have one don't we?

The Great Leader debate. Though having the game held up for 2 weeks was not fun....
                Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz
                  Yup hes back.
                  I guess the DIA didn't need that clone after all.

hi ,

thats right , we dont need clones , .......

this cartoon from Aro really brings back a lot of fun , ..... we should all vote for Aro in the apolyton HOF , he deserves it , ....

have a nice day
                  Attached Files
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Founding of Apolyton, a most horrendous start, realizing the uphill battle we were gonna have with the VAST jungle (remember that jungle) which seemed to have no end.

The Aro vs Arnelose election was (to me) most exciting.

Then there was my litagation riddled term as FAM. From beginning to end I was in court for one reason (MPPgate) or another (Vetogate). I won't forget that, though It would be best if I did.

Mss
                    Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

The cartoon is great, I agree... but the made-up interview with Panag is even funnier.
                      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

The Brief Scandels that we had (and some not so breif). The excitement of Election Day Results (especially when I was running against GF).

Helping to Bring Apolyton out of the War torn Dark Ages for 2 terms to being second in the World, then Removing the First Place Nation (Germany) while fighting the Romans at the same time. The Late nights I had spent as CP/DM.....

THe hope that the New Con would make things better (and it did somewhat) and the disappointment that it had made somethings worst.

The mud that was slung in the Arnelos/Aro Presidential Election (and hoping to see more, which didn't happen).

Working with Togas and the FAM to bring us the "Such a Deal" and "Such a Deal II" Tech trades, when everything was looking to be too expencive to buy.

Running a couple of Turnchats myself.

E_T
                        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                        Worship the Comic here!
                        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Hmmm ,well what about the time Apolyton got his as$ kicked by GC in the first multisite demo game?

Hey ,you didn't ask for the most memorable moment's in the Apolyton demo game's.

Good luck guys with youre civ3 msdg game ,you'll need it. (CFC already got 10 modern armor)

TheDoF (TheDuckOfFlanders)
                          Better known at other forum's as:
                          TheDuckOfFlanders

Comment

Working...
                          X