Most Memorable Moments in Demo Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiber
    Greatest military moments: defending Ubergorsk and GeoFront against the Persian invasion, at a ratio of about 7 or 8 dead Persian attackers per 1 dead Apolytonian defender. We didn't have any technological superiority at that time, just brilliant tactics and beautiful micro-planning.
    lol and then first chat of term four with all the ridiculous defeats, the net splice leaving only aro, shiber and me, then attacking with the wrong units but still winning and then getting a GL on the final move. Surreal crazyness.
    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

The War of Necessity, as I believe our archer conquest of America was called, is definitely one of the most memorable, as was the first war against France. And I'm sure I would add Persia to the list if I had actually been around much then.
      Some memorable elections: Ninot vs. Trip for Term 2 president (need I say more), Arnelos vs. Unorthodox for Term 5 VP (longest campaign thread ever), and Aro vs. Arnelos vs. Aggie for Term 8 Prez (close election, and lots of mudslinging/RP ).
      All of our GLs, of course. Seti will probably be the most memorable.

Comment

Creating the regions (which never did work out well)

The change of constitutions

The debates to have or not have a judiciary

Founding of Geographic society

Founding of other societies - ie city council, machivelian institute, etc.

Debate as to morals and ethics.

Trip and Ninot election (term 2 prez ?)

More is possible. I suggest re-reading the old gazettes for reminders.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

My Republican Revolution Thread
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Sorry that I am so rudely distiurbing your exchange of memories, but I am facing a problem: the land needs to be governed an I have only 3 RG's until now. Are there any people willing to help me this term. I know that the tide has turned since we have defeated Germany: we are truely invincible now, but we have still not achieved victory. Please help me and the other members of the government to achieve this victory. It would be a pity to loose at the end after all those years of efforts. PM me or post in the Domestic Ministry thread.

Thank you in advance

Aidun Cian
            "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
            Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

How about that time Aidun spammed every thread, desperately looking for Regional Governors?

Comment

My best memory is as shiber said "the battle of geofront" where we basically wiped out countless archers. I had this great plan in my mind but couldn't really execute because whenever we got forces together to move another archer army came up. This happened over and over and over. Unortho, your computer's curse was our blessing since without persia/germany declaring war we would never have gone after persia as we did. Lets face it, the persian war left us as THE powerhouse, and the game was over except the AI didn't know it. As far as elections go. I would say the aro/arnelos election. The election between ninot/trip was more infamous than famous, I would suggest that after the game is over we see who should have won that election, just for historical accuracy. My bet is trip but we may never know. Also another good memory of the whole game is that parties never did become significant. Also lets not forget the BRILLIANT trades that spiffor arranged in the early going. Without those we would have been too far behind to catch up. But now as I conclude this I have come to a conclusion on the most memorable item in this game, "the people who played and cooperated, who made this democracy game an excellent experience, and i will miss this most when the game ends".
                Aggie
                The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Well, since people are mentioning things important to them...

I would say the Trip-Ninot election was one.

Then there was Uber's revolution.

If I may, I might also mention Case Pink.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hmmm....the founding of the Labor Party to start a resurgence of interest back towards the Civ3Demogame after many people had left to the PTW game....

(notice the population swelled in the week following the formation of the ALP nearly 200%! Coincedence? I think not!)
                    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                      How about that time Aidun spammed every thread, desperately looking for Regional Governors?
                      I consider it as a great honour to be remembered before I have even fulfilled my term as DM.
                      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                        Hmmm....the founding of the Labor Party to start a resurgence of interest back towards the Civ3Demogame after many people had left to the PTW game....

(notice the population swelled in the week following the formation of the ALP nearly 200%! Coincedence? I think not!)
                        The population swells every time there's a NewZupdate. Had nothing to do with the ALP, which people who haven't already joined the demogame wouldn't have known existed
                        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

the Ninot-Trip election really ended the power of the parties

case pink was great

uber islan was big

and all that techwhoring

Comment

Whatever Arnelos.
                            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

The population swells every time there's a NewZupdate. Had nothing to do with the ALP, which people who haven't already joined the demogame wouldn't have known existed
                              Ah, but that Newz Update was written by mysely, a Laborite, and previous non-Labor updaters hadn't drawn that kind of crowd before.

Comment

Election deadlock between E_T and GhengisFarb.
                                C3C ISDG Final Round : Actively Lurking

Comment

Working...
                                X