No announcement yet.

Unexpected collapse of Govts for War for Religious Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this actually happens, the chat ends and the issue gets thrown to the Senate.

As for what the Senate will do, you can expect many of us to push for going to Republic rather than Communism because of the financial situation.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Arnelos, I'm not sure if we will be able to pull up the File Menu to save the game if our govt collapses prior to picking a Governement. It looks like the Choose Govt screen is a modal dialog, blocking access to all other windows; including the main one. So if it collapses our govt and then imedately notices we are Religious and brings up the Choose Govt to end our Anarchy imedately then the President would have to pick something prior to saving the game to end the chat.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
        Arnelos, I'm not sure if we will be able to pull up the File Menu to save the game if our govt collapses prior to picking a Governement. It looks like the Choose Govt screen is a modal dialog, blocking access to all other windows; including the main one. So if it collapses our govt and then imedately notices we are Religious and brings up the Choose Govt to end our Anarchy imedately then the President would have to pick something prior to saving the game to end the chat.
        hi ,

, well we can use the SAVE , ......

there is away around it , a guy had it done like a year ago or so , .....

maybe a mail to firaxis could bring help , ...

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Firaxis doesn't need to be bothered, it's not a life and death issue.

Arnelos, could you elaborate more on why you believe switching back to Republic (in this case) would be more beneficial for us? I tend to disagree outright, but I'd like to hear what you have to support this case....

SMC Meshelic
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

My choice of Communism over Republic is war weariness. Republic suffers from it as well as Demo. A switch to Rep will just put back ta anarchy in one turn. Comm will allow us to finish what we started. Besides, I would bet that the war will last only a max of 5-7 more turns. Thats not much time to be in Comm. we would switch back to Demo the same turn we eliminate Otto.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Whatever

Why not just make sure we don't have this problem in the first place?

Up the luxury slider if we REALLY have a problem. We're making an INSANE income right now and we're ahead in science for the moment... it's not going to hurt us for a few turns.

So if it looks like we're risking it, raise the luxury slider.

If the government falls, switch back to democracy and raise the luxury slider then.

Comment

As others have said, actual disorder doesn't seem to apply; just the amount of WW in the first place. Whether that WW unhappiness is then counteracted isn't taken into consideration.

I have no experiance with gov. collapse, but I think I have seen it mentioned on other Civ3 forums. If it does occur, I'd say we should switch to Republic; we can't afford to lose our economy or research goes down the tube, and Republic's reduced WW will hopefully hold us through the rest of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                  If it does occur, I'd say we should switch to Republic; we can't afford to lose our economy or research goes down the tube, and Republic's reduced WW will hopefully hold us through the rest of the war.
                  This was my thought as well, but I honestly don't know the specifics on whether Republic retains the same level of war weariness that existed under Democracy and just increases it more slowly or whether Republic actually is affected less by the same level of war weariness (I suspect the latter because of how war weariness exists under Monarchy and Communism, only being "visible" when you switch to Republic and further when you switch to Democracy). Since we'll only be in Republic for a few turns, we can probably wing it (especiallly if Republic has a higher tollerance for total WW before revolt... also something that may or may not be the case).

Comment

As much as I dislike the communist government, as a matter of fact i never use it, I believe it would be the best choice if we do have a collapse. Mainly because it will ensure we will not have another collapse. The likelyhood of this is small so i doubt it will happen, but it is possible. Both wars are on the verge of ending, leizpeg will fall in 2 turns or so and after that it is just mop up duty. Hopefully we will get a "peace dividend" on ww when the roman war ends.
                    Aggie
                    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

What I've heard about govt collapses is that if you change to Democracy it will just collapse the next turn if you don't sign peace treaties to reduce the effects of it.

I'm not sure how many more turns a Republic lasts than a Democracy for collapse of governements. I've heard that apprent 50% No More War in Democracy is often apprenent 40% No More War in Republic.

Communism isn't the only option for non-WW. Monarchy also has no-WW and wouldn't increase the corruption & waste near the P & FP as much as Communism would.
                      I also hear that the FP doesn't double the OCN under Communism but only increases it 25%.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                        Firaxis doesn't need to be bothered, it's not a life and death issue.

Arnelos, could you elaborate more on why you believe switching back to Republic (in this case) would be more beneficial for us? I tend to disagree outright, but I'd like to hear what you have to support this case....

SMC Meshelic
                        hi ,

and why not , a while ago they asked for things like that , ......

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

go ahead and message firaxis panag, if you want. I can't stop you, and of course I'm curious to hear what they have to say.

I just...don't think it's something that we can't handle ourselves. I don't think we need the help, but if you think we do, go for it. You have my blessing!

Meshelic

ps check your pm box, I don't quite understand what you were trying to say to me....
                          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Working...
                          X