Unexpected collapse of Govts for War for Religious Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected collapse of Govts for War for Religious Civs

Has any one had an unexpected collapse of a Democracy as a Religious civ recently enough to know if the game can be saved before a new govt is picked?

I have only had the collapse happen as a non-Religious civ in my own games. (When I was Religious, I brought on the change myself when the unhappiness due to the war was averaging 55% in my numerous metros [pops mostly 21 & 22.])

We need to know because if the new govt must be picked before there's an oppertunity to save the game, then only those attending the turn chat would have input if contingity plans aren't made in advance.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comments?
    I never experienced a total collapse, but I agree with joncnunn, we need contingency plans, just in case.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I have never had a collapse in civ3.

Does this even occur, or is this a civ2 thing?
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I don't see any chance of that happening. What you're describing is a situation where your civ already has metros with over 20 pop., and we're nowhere near that.
        However, I agree that we need contingency plans. I'd support that we choose Democracy again (can we choose the same form of government after it collapses?), but not before we sign peace treaties with all the civs that we're in war with (as I understand, this is possible since we'd spend a whole turn in anarchy, allowing us time to reach the diplomacy screen and sign peace treaties).
        Let's just hope that the government doesn't collapse so we won't need to hold another elections.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
          I have never had a collapse in civ3.
          I know this is possible, though I've never experienced it myself.
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I can see the headlines :

SHAKA OFFERS SHELTER TO EX-PRESIDENT ARO

Shaka offers shelter to ex-President Aro (and his gang), fleeing Apolytonia after a total collapse of the government.
            Nobody never contemplated that such a collapse could be organized in such a short period.
            Concomitantly, the treasury was found totally emptied.
            Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

The strangest thing about that collapse is that none of my cities were in disorder at the end of the previous turn. (I had checked and had access to all 8 luxaries, 30% luxaries, and several entertainers to keep order.)

Still, what I did about the collapse was use the time machine back to the save I had made prior to ending the turn and signing a peace treaty with that nation; which would be illegal in the Civ 3 Dem Game.

Originally posted by Shiber
              I don't see any chance of that happening. What you're describing is a situation where your civ already has metros with over 20 pop., and we're nowhere near that.
              However, I agree that we need contingency plans. I'd support that we choose Democracy again (can we choose the same form of government after it collapses?), but not before we sign peace treaties with all the civs that we're in war with (as I understand, this is possible since we'd spend a whole turn in anarchy, allowing us time to reach the diplomacy screen and sign peace treaties).
              Let's just hope that the government doesn't collapse so we won't need to hold another elections.
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I appreciate that people are planning ahead, but we have no where near that level yet, and we have not yet used the luxury slider. 20% lux will generate many happy faces for our large cities. We do need to be worried about war weariness, but it is not yet pressing. Our best course is to refuse to ingage the Japs on their turf, (easily done), extract ourselves from the Roman conflict when the mpp's expire (3 turns I think), and be selective with Germany post Leipzig.

We are looking at the loss of furs (I think 3 turns) but we will have Steel to trade India for to get them back. We should get furs, all their gold and lots of lpt for Steel.
                I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

The fact that none of my cities were in disorder at the end of the turn in which my govt collapsed betwen turns leads me to believe that collapse of govt might be seperate than keeping order in Civ III.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
                    SHAKA OFFERS SHELTER TO EX-PRESIDENT ARO

That would be a farce. Aro, promise me that if you ever need to shelter temporarily from the revolutionists and their sharpened guillotines, you'll seek shelter in someplace less... embarrassing. Greece, for example.
                    I'm sure Markos would arrange a warm welcome for you.
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I promise, Shiber.

Hmmm... Where's Mingapulco? Not in Greece, I suppose!
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

As I recall, Mingapulco is in on the city list of one of the PTW civs.
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

[rp]
                          Government collapse? Aro fleeing to Zululand or Greece? Population support falling?

I rule the Army and Navy with an ironfist, and they are completely loyal to me. I will ensure that the President will never have to leave his home, all insurgents will be crushed![/rp]

Realistically, I don't believe the government will collapse. There are motions that we can put in effect to drastically reduce the odds of that happening. I DO think contingency plans are wise....

Obviously the doves in our nation are starting to influence the will of the people, whom have lost their will to fight....

SMC Meshelic
                          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

So far, we have mostly talked about the possibility of this happening and not talked about what to do if it happens. Lets get back on subject.

If the government collapses, I say we go to Communism until we finish off Otto. Once Germany is removed from the picture, switch back to Demo. After all, we a re a Rel civ. Lets take advantage of it. Plus, I am mainly infavor of finishing off Otto for dipolmatic reasons. If we don't eliminate him, there would be no chance of him voting for us if UN elections were held.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                            X