Pre-poll discussion - German War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roadcage
    We simply need to continue against Germany until the alliances end in 1370 or they are eliminated, whichever comes first.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. (And I probably would have said it a lot worse. )

Comment

I agree, we only need to work on Lepzig and the MPP's will be over (3 turns from now). With 1 turn to move all the Arts into Position, and 2 turns pounding Lepzig, we can take it and leave Germany to the rest of our Allies.

IF Germany Survives to the end of this War, we won't have to worry about any Panzers, as they will not have the capability to produce enough of them to bother us. It will be like that resent Japanese Threat, we Yawn at their attempts, then kill them for their insolance.

So what if Germany does survive, we can out produce them with just 3 of our 50 Cities. They would die a quick death, if they did.

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by E_T

IF Germany Survives to the end of this War, we won't have to worry about any Panzers, as they will not have the capability to produce enough of them to bother us. It will be like that resent Japanese Threat, we Yawn at their attempts, then kill them for their insolance.

E_T
        Sounds like a solid plan to me...

And Thud take no heed of my threats, although I doubt you did at all. I would not send one of our Senators to do battle (except for maybe Donegeal who seems to crave the stuff of war; he's even still wearing his ancient knight's battle armor!).

You are safe from being conscipted...
        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Okay back on topic. I will post an "opinion" poll (not a Bill mind you) for suggestion by the Senate on how to carry out our war effort into Germany, complete with options.

Speaking of which, are there any particular options beyond my original statements that anyone would care to see posted?

So far it will be

Yay
          Nay
          Abstain

on 1. Overrun and capture all of Germany
          2. Stop fighting after we reach a certain goal, such as a strategic resource (all they have is iron now, I think), or just before a particular city? (like Nurembourg)
          3. Peace now!

any other choices you'd all like to see posted there?

Comment

The game is nearly over. We are going to win. Now lets, just for a second, imagine we want to get it overwith and go for a Diplomatic victory. All civs still around get to pick one of the top two civs. The top two civ right now, is Japan and us. If we leave Germany around, who do you think Otto would vote for? Leaving the Germans around hinders our efforts to win the game in a timely manor.

FINISH OTTO!
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
              The game is nearly over. We are going to win. Now lets, just for a second, imagine we want to get it overwith and go for a Diplomatic victory. All civs still around get to pick one of the top two civs. The top two civ right now, is Japan and us. If we leave Germany around, who do you think Otto would vote for? Leaving the Germans around hinders our efforts to win the game in a timely manor.

FINISH OTTO!
              Petsovernight.com 0.0000001 owner

Ambassador to Legoland on the Lux Invicta Team
              Member of: Team Lux Invicta (PTW Demo Game)

Comment

I may not even have to post a poll if a very blatant majority of people here wish us to finish Otto off....

Comment

WE have 8 more turns of war (minimum) due to our alliances. We are commited for the duration of teh treaties to fight (or at least be at war). We need to continualy press the germans hard, taking every city possible untill then ... If we still have one or two turns after the alliances expire to finish them off, by all means lets do it. It will be a drop in the bucket. Anabanana Major will be a better place without Germany.

I do support making peace with Rome within the next 4 or 5 turns (after canceling the MPPs). This should help bolster our forces against any annoying Japanese.

Mss

[edit] grammar and spelling
                  Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                    I may not even have to post a poll if a very blatant majority of people here wish us to finish Otto off....
                    You certainly don't need to post a poll, but it wouldn't hurt.
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                    X