Irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnelos
    EDIT: I just realized that I used an idiom there that might be somewhat confusing to anyone translating it
    Are you by any chance referring to Aro?
    You know he translates everything he reads to his native tongue before he processes it (or so he says).
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber

Are you by any chance referring to Aro?
      You know he translates everything he reads to his native tongue before he processes it (or so he says).
      Not exactly... It's a common mental proccess, if you're not dealing with your native language. I read your posts, and my tendency is to think about in Portuguese. Then, to answer or reply, the inverse process will happen (it's all in my mind... ). But I'm trying to avoid this. In fact... I can "think" in English already... like a moron.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

While you were playing with words, Aro was processing Arnelos voters, and initiated their translation on his name.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
          only civgroup hes in is a mac icon?

Panag, teams would love to have a C3DG regulars for their teams. You should join one.

All these prez reminicing about their good old days... we need a president's club thread. Let them sit down in round table drinking wine and smoking fine cigars talking about their days..
          hi ,

, keep talking , sounds great

the 'Presidential club' , .... why not

allready part of one team , the experimental one , trying to improve the game , PBEM goes for now but the main problem is finding the time , .....

have a nice day

and its right guys and girls , the only group stay's MAC

- RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            You have to include VPs as well in the club. I can't wait to see Trip "talking" again with Timeline
            and infamous SMCs
            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD

and infamous SMCs
              hi ,

, we could have a club with all the people who where at one point or the other in a government , ....

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I dunno it's usually a good idea for a club to have members that would talk to each other. Rather than hold bitter resentments.

Alot of the time the spats and arguments are more interesting than the game itself. Anyone remember the disargreement between Uber and the whole of the second term gov. I don't think I've ever been gripped by anything else as much in the game. Although looking back he was a bit out of order and very nasty to alot of people. But we all get angry sometimes.
                Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                  I dunno it's usually a good idea for a club to have members that would talk to each other. Rather than hold bitter resentments.

Alot of the time the spats and arguments are more interesting than the game itself. Anyone remember the disargreement between Uber and the whole of the second term gov. I don't think I've ever been gripped by anything else as much in the game. Although looking back he was a bit out of order and very nasty to alot of people. But we all get angry sometimes.
                  You mean the "Rvolution" thread? Yeah; I was worried the game would split in two. And all over a few offbeat remarks by the Prez. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.

More interesting than the game, perhaps, but I'm perfectly happy not to have any out-of-RP-and-game calls for overthrowing the government.

Comment

and after all of that happened... I came along and started my OWN infamous "revolution" thread

I loved being the young rebel of the DG...

The Republican Revolution remains one of my favorite parts of the entire DG... especially how I nearly had everyone ready to consider it an election issue for the next term

(that is, until I told MrWIA outright what the real accomplishment was and he had a good laugh and attempted to illuminate the many who didn't get it yet )

I had a number of the monarchists thoroughly pissed off at me
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                      The Republican Revolution remains one of my favorite parts of the entire DG... especially how I nearly had everyone ready to consider it an election issue for the next term
                      What Republican Revolution? Has it fallen off the front page? And you being a leader of the Democratics...........

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

What Republican Revolution? Has it fallen off the front page? And you being a leader of the Democratics...........
                        pfft...

GhengisFarb, I would have believed your memory to be better than that

You don't remember our glorious overthrow of the Apolytonian Monarchy and my and DAVOUT's list of who we were going to behead for being "enemies of the people"?
                        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

LOL, If I recall correctly you labeled me as "leaning to being an enemy of the people"....ah those were the days.

Perhaps I should make my OWN list....
                          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic

Perhaps I should make my OWN list....

Psst... keep this list strictly confidential...
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas
                            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Aro

Psst... keep this list strictly confidential...
                              Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                              Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Working...
                              X