No announcement yet.

Discussion: A Compromise to the Worker Integration Arguments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polution only appears within 3 tiles of the offending city; we only have to worry about AI cities very close to our borders causing polution inside our territory.

What's messured world wide that could cause harmful effects on us is global warming, but ire-irrigating a tile with irrigation that was changed via global warming is much cheaper than clearing polution.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Actually, I was in favor of keeping 30 natives, because improving all tiles around a conquered city takes approx 25 natives during 2 turns (based on a gross generalization of what we need for the next German cities we invade).
      Time will tell how many natives we need. Shiber explained why producing workers in late industrial / modern times was a waste, so I prefer having too many natonals to begin with, and downsize them after (the other way around would be to waste a precious turn and it's 50 odd shields in a city to build a mere 10 shields worker)
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Can someone tell me how many native & how many foreign workers there are in total?
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

82 natives
          67 slaves, including

33 French
          12 Persians
          8 Babylonians
          5 Americans
          3 Greeks
          3 Germans
          2 English
          1 Roman

You can see this information (as well as our population needs) in the Worker Integration Project thread. You can also see our immediate and longer term needs there.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In my games, there's very few tiles in conquered territory that need imporvements in the industrial era, but I don't destroy nearly as much improvements while conquering as is going on here.
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

My current pollution estimate at peak prior to mass transit is:

50 cities * (20 pop-12pop+2)/100 = 5 tiles per turn

Looking at our land mix, we are significantly grass/plains/etc rich so 6 WU /tile is conservitive but will use 7 WU /tile

5 * 7 =35 WU
              or 35 foreign builts
              or 17.5 say 18 nationals
              I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Roadcage, I agree with your estimate but I still think we should keep 30 domestic workers around. We'll need some workers to improve conquered Germany (building railroads and such) and the SMC may ask to reserve some workers for tactical operations in the future. Better safe than sorry.
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I have slightly different result than Roadcage.
                  We're blessed with cities that we will have a hard time keeping down to just 20 even mining all grassland tiles.

50 cities * (22 pop - 12 + 2) / 100 =

50 * 12 / 100 = 6 tiles per turn.

For 6 WU, we get 36 WU. 18 nationals.
                  For 7 WU, we get 42 WU. 21 nationals.
                  For 8 WU, get get 48 WU. 24 nationals.

I'm comfortable at the 6 WU/tile given the lay of the land.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                  X