Opinion on rise of religious right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on rise of religious right

Just wondering, outside all roleplay whether you all think the idea of having an extreme party on the religous right in the game would be a good idea to add to the political environment.
    Also who would be willing to be part of it, and who out of those people would be the strongest leader, thxs for your time

Regards
    Don't let them make you think your free, all men are born free yet everywhere they are in chains. Break these chains that bind me I'll be free again

It's a perfectly workable element of the roleplayed political environment.

I would strongly oppose it, of course, but I don't mind (outside of role-play) if those of you interested in forming one choose to do so. It could be rather fun opposing you lunatics
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I think it would be good fun inside the roleplay element. We need a leader though, someone with experience, personally I was thinking Aggie, as he seems interested in the idea of the religious right in roleplay (at least from his posts) and he has had experience in the game. One of the best things with having an extreme right religious coalition is that it will be at odds with every other political parties, may be entertaining.

Regards
      Don't let them make you think your free, all men are born free yet everywhere they are in chains. Break these chains that bind me I'll be free again

Comment

Originally posted by Nolan
        I think it would be good fun inside the roleplay element. We need a leader though, someone with experience, personally I was thinking Aggie, as he seems interested in the idea of the religious right in roleplay (at least from his posts) and he has had experience in the game.
        I believe Aggie already intended to do this. You probably won't have much trouble convincing him :P

One of the best things with having an extreme right religious coalition is that it will be at odds with every other political parties, may be entertaining.
        Against all other political parties is quite likely with the two active ones at the moment: DIA and Labor.

However, I'm sure the Hawks wouldn't mind at all.

This could get interesting...

Comment

I don't think a religious party would currently fit. To whom should they oppose? There is no other religion in the race and there is even no threat from outside the borders.
          I have not seen an article in the CoL about it, but I think freedom of religion is generally exepted, so I suggest first beginning with a small new sect. If you wait 2 turns, Scientific Method has been researched and we are about to build the Theory of Evolution. The new sect can be based on that theory. There is some philosophic in that after all. .
          It would fit very well, because Apolytonia has now, compared with the real worlds history, entered the 20th century. Extreme religious parties are typically something of the 20th century.
          "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
          Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

I got the impression that the hawks were gone as a political entity. Also do you feel the mutal labour and dia dislike of a extreme religious party will lead to you two parties actually working together??

Regards

Comment

I see it as a small split off the labour movement. The labour movement comes in industrial time to help the worker have a better life. The religious movement is the give the worker a purpose and make him feel like he's not working in factories for nothing but for the afterlife, as a result the advent of industrialisation eventually leads up to this religious extreme

Regards

Comment

There is something in that: a resistence against the industrial society, like the romanticism in the 19th century, but then not dreaming away in fantasyworlds but about to fight against the ruling parties. It needs something that the Labour hasn't and with a stong will and belief. (This sounds dangerous and I'd never join such, but extreme is extreme)
                "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

It does sound dangerous, but it will be interesting to roleplay, and will also make our members difficult, if not somehow confusing to deal with. Also I have no doubt our membership will stay small, but for an extreme party it's not the size, but how vocal the members are, and thats what I plan to be.

Regards

Comment

It does sound dangerous, but it will be interesting to roleplay, and will also make our members difficult, if not somehow confusing to deal with. Also I have no doubt our membership will stay small, but for an extreme party it's not the size, but how vocal the members are, and thats what I plan to be.

Regards
                    This is precisely how the Hawk Party survived as a significant political force as long as it did.

I will be one of many who oppose you tooth and nail, of course, but I can see how this would add some color to the roleplay of our civilization.

I know I'm "asking for it" here, but bring it on.

Comment

Well now I'll just sit back here and not reply for a while unless someone asks, all i'ld like here is people to say there opinion of the religious right party idea, and the party itself, anyone who wants to join say it now, and hopefully Aggie will post here that he wants to lead it, it will be interesting

Regards

Comment

Use propaganda, formulate your opinion in a way people never forget and try to build up a "we" feeling: WE are going to ...; WE shall overthrow ...; WE shall gain the victory.

Try it, it has worked many times in our history.

Comment

I got the impression that the hawks were gone as a political entity.
                          Eh sort of. They're still around, and lurk here and there, but as a political entity they haven't really been pushing for any policies (not that they had to anyways, we were planning war after war without them around for awhile). I'd love to see their party reunite politically. That doesn't mean I support them, persay, but mostly that they would make formidable opponents, which is always fun.

Also do you feel the mutal labour and dia dislike of a extreme religious party will lead to you two parties actually working together??

Regards
                          [Roleplay]
                          "Haha, you are indeed a funny man! A Labor-DIA alliance? Ahhh.....hehe. The Labor Party will never merge with those clowns! And who says that the ALP opposes a religious right party? The ALP allows religious freedom to all members! We have little reason to concern ourselves with a "movement" as that.
                          [End Roleplay]
                          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

The Far Extreme Apolytonian Right. FEAR

What about that for a name?

I will join.

Comment

nz_upy, come along and join the party, we'll wait to see if Aggie will lead us before we'll really start trying to figure a name, it would have to have something about religion in it though.
                              Still your a New Zealander to, at this rate the extreme religious party will be a New Zealand one as well.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X