No announcement yet.

Amendment: Ministerial Bill Proposal/"Universal Bill Proposal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there unity in th cabinet? If there is, why should ministers make bills against their collegues, can't they simply discuss the items they do not agree on?
    If there isn't, there should be more collegiality in the cabinet. No formal behavour between ministers, it makes their relations worse.
    I'm against, but is there anybody who can change my mind before I vote?
    "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
    Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

This amendment isn't taking away any minister's current rights (and it's certainly not trying to seperate them from each other; so far we've had no probs with ministers interfering in each other's business). Rather, it's to let them propose their own bills; under the current system, ministers are merely citizens and not senators, and thus cannot propose bills (though they can vote).

This is generally not a problem, but the FAM must have senate approval for signing a lot of treaties (alliances, ROPs, MPPs), which means he must find senators to go through whenever he needs authorization. This amendment would let the FAM propose his own senate bills authorizing the treaties he wants available.

Note that this is not a blank check, however. This only allows ministers to propose bills on issues relating to their office; the senate could still vote any of them down if it disapproves.

Comment

I see. In the current situation the CoL hinders the minister in fulfilling his job, thats not good.
        Thank you for explaining Kloreep.
        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

no objection
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

It passed. Yay.

I can go down in history as proposing the first NewCon amendment, too.

Comment

Togas, please note that this poll has passed. Perhaps a new copy of the NewCon can be posted with the appropriate changes. Please PM me if you want such a thread closed or placed in a currently closed thread (such as the Term 7 Government thread). Thanks.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
              X