Which War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which War?

CLARIFICATION: THE FOURTH OPTION IS "Two Front War, focusing on Rome" (Why must I mess up something every time I create a poll?)

We must decide whether we treat Rome's hostilities as another bump in the road, like the Zulu, or whether we avenge ourselves.

This poll is completely unofficial, but I'll tell you it lasts 3 days anyway.
    Focus on Germany! Peace with Rome ASAP!
    36.67%
    Focus on Rome! Delay the war with Germany till Caesar's dragged before our SMC!
    10.00%
    Two front war, focusing on Germany!
    46.67%
    Two front war,
    0.00%
    Peace, dude. :hippie: (No war with Germany, peace with Rome ASAP)
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Kloreep; December 14, 2002, 01:24.

I dont voted yet. I'm not sure.
    It's only a game, I know that, but...
    KILL THE ROMAN BASTARDS!

Oh, yeah, about the Germans:
    Kill them, too.

Well, I feel better now...
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Another note: It's possible we can finish with Rome quickly and then take on Germany, both one at a time. I made the poll thinking people would vote assuming that WASN'T possible, and we would have to take on both at once. If we decide on a two-front with a focus on Rome but finish quickly, we can just go straight on to Germany.

Anyway... I'm undecided. I definitely say focus on Germany, but I'll wait to see some arguments before I vote for or against allowing a two-front war.

Comment

In the save post, it says we have several MPP's. What are the MPP involved on both sides. Also, are there any MPP's with Germany?
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
          In the save post, it says we have several MPP's. What are the MPP involved on both sides. Also, are there any MPP's with Germany?
          Russia, Iroquis, England, and Japan have all signed MPPs with us. Rome also has MPPs with England and Japan, but by making them take the first move, ours should be triggered first.

Comment

Well, I decided to vote for a 2 front - focus on Germany. Rome will trigger our MPPs soon, and there'll be no going back after that; but the war with Germany must go forward. Russia should be able to keep Rome busy for a while, and we could consider an alliance with the Iroquis as well.

Comment

IIRC, there is also a Russian Cav (or is it a horseman?) in our borders. We must consider the possibility that the Ruskies will attack us (just because we have a MPP with then, doesn't mean they won't go to war with us). Who do the Russkies have MPP's with?

EDITED:

Oh yeah, if we do a two front war (emphasis on Germany), we might want to consider giving the Iroquis tech to make them more of a challange to Rome.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Rome attacked us? I must be a ways down on the info-chain.

In light of my suspicion, peace w/Rome focus on Germany.

/edit okay I read the other thread. I still think peace w/Rome is a good idea, but in light of this recent invasion I think we need to at least destroy their invading forces. Decimate their intruding armies, then decide where to go from there.
                Last edited by Meshelic; December 14, 2002, 05:27.
                Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                  ... Decimate their intruding armies, then decide where to go from there.
                  the city of Rome seems to be a good place to go from there...
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas

Comment

Just take into consideration the fact that if the MPPs that we signed are triggered then we won't have a chance but to continue the war with Rome until the MPPs expire (unless we are willing to kill our clean rep).
                    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

You're right, Shiber. But we need to level the Germans, in order to achieve tech lead and stop a potential threat (one of the most dangerous!).
                      So... We'll have a World War in our hands.
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas

Comment

Yes, I'm all in favor of bonking some German heads, but I'd like to see us sign peace with Rome for now, if that turns out to be possible. If not, then by all means let's show Ceaser what we're made of!
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Ah, World War at its best

Although this might be ratehr inconvenient right now, this war with Rome sure is a cool thing- perhaps a secret alliance between Rome and Germany- to deter our effort against Otto and keep hin in the picture?

Damn that AI is smart.

But nothing will stop us now, if they want a world war, let them have it!!!

Seriously though, we should focus on germany, and sign peace with Rome ASAP, we don't want to waste the MPP we already have with a war with Rome we are sure to easily beat anyway...
                          Save the rainforests!
                          Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

We really have no choice about Rome. We simply must remain involved. If we don't, somebody will emerge out of the chaos in the south as a major player. We need to take enough of Rome for ourselves to ensure against that.
                            I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

I suggest, while we concentrate on Germany, that we only fight a defensive war against Rome. Up to this date, we have only seen ground units (Rifle, Muskets & Legion). We have repulused most of Rome's Military from our lands (except for a couple of Rifles in the Forrest).

With the MPP's activating shortly, Rome will be too busy with Russia & The Iroquois to be much of a bother to us, in the near term. .

We should continue with the Plans against Germany. ALL of our Standing Army has been upgraded to Riflemen, so we have a defensive advantage. We will have RP in 3 turns and have a large cash base to make more upgrades when we get the tech.

Germany is our Goal and Rome is just a speed bump, but not as small as THe Zulu where.

E_T
                              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                              Worship the Comic here!
                              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                              X