No announcement yet.

The wrong war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not feasable, not without a lot of expensive Mil Unit Rushing (one turn rushes) and Harbor Rushing.

ONLY IF We were ready to load troops on boats this very turn, could we possibly pull it off. We aren't.

One of the things about the buildup towards the War with Germany, is that our Invasion forces are on the same land as our Nation. So, If we do end up fighting more than one nation, when we are fighting Otto, we don't have to wait a while for our Expeditionary Force to return from across the seas.

While we fight Otto, and when we go for Liz afterwards (giving us 3-4 more Wonders total), we can get our Expeditionary Force together and even have it ready to sail. We could even have it on the water by the time we are wrapping up with Liz.

So the Answer is to make peace for now, then get Otto & Liz, THEN go for Shaka.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Yes, get the Germans as planned, then the English. Then I support going to war with the gem-hogging Aztecs.
      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
      ---------
      May God Bless.

Comment

Do you guys think it's worth paying to free ourselves of the Aztec war?

Myself, from a different thread:

Do you think it's worth paying to end the war now (so we can focus on Germany), should Straka prove to be as hardheaded as he is stupid? Remember, we have no military units in the area, and (unless Shiber's bluff proves to have merit), we might not be able to get peace until the war's hurting him, through curruption or whatever else.
        -- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Why should we? Shaka will have to be paying us. He's not playing "Counting Coup" or at least we aren't.

E_T
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada
            Do you guys think it's worth paying to free ourselves of the Aztec war?
            Yes, I do think it is worth paying some. (not too much of course, maybe equivalent to a tech or something...)
            Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
            King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
            ---------
            May God Bless.

Comment

All of the Cives have been paying us for Peace for years beyond count now, WHY should one Cive be different. I really don't know if we have hit our Maximum cash value for a Civ to Pay us for maintaining peace, but it we have, it's measured in >10 LPT (over 180 cash).

WHy would a couple of non bombardment capable boats make that any different? We will get money from Him, unless he's completely broke. We should not have to pay for peace.

E_T
              Last edited by E_T; November 30, 2002, 17:11.
              Worship the Comic here!

Comment

I'm with E_T. Shaka knows he's outmatched. I don't have any idea how much we can extract from him, but we won't have to pay him. And he's gotten a lot of money from us already by nullifying so many LPT deals, too. If nothing else, he can give some of that back.

Comment

A monopoly on gems is worth more than ten german cities. With the money we could make we'll be able to fund a german war a lot better.

Not that it really matters anyway it's not as if theres a chance in hell of us loosing now.
                  Are we having fun yet?

Comment

The thing is, we want to attack Germany before they get infantry and Panzers.
                    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

World War.

Just take them both on.
                      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Working...
                      X