No announcement yet.

Amendment proposal for the NewCon: NewZupdate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically, I don't care who ends up doing it. Right now, the only position that makes sense is the President. The Senate has no leader currently, I don't know that they ever will, and none of the Ministers really make sense.

We have been over a month without an update. I originally volunteered to do these, the gOdZ look to me. I have not been around the last month to do it, and now it is making ME PERSONALLY look bad. I do not appreciate that, and want to get this somewhere where it can rotate people, be it Senate leader, President, or some official update writer position to be appointed, I don't care. I am tired of looking bad for not doing this, and we as a nation are not gaining any favor from the gOdZ by delaying it. I think it speaks of allot of the problems around this demo game, just like how few people run for office, no one is willing to write this.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik
      UnOrthOdOx this is a good idea and if the President wasn't responisble in any way for the newZupdate I would certainly support it. What does, "The President is required to ensure that the newZupdate is written." mean? If he appoints someone to do it would that be enough? Or does the President have to make sure the person he appointed to write the update wrote it and then if they didn't write it does he have to write it himself? The way it is worded now I would guess you mean the latter and I am not sure if I support that. Also can the President fire the person he appointed or does this new official have to be impeached like all others? I would like it if the President could just fire the current one and then appoint a new one.
      It doesn't say how the Pres needs to go about it. He could appoint someone every week if he feels the need. Or post the threads like I used to do each week...
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

You think just because I wrote one yesterday, I am letting this die off? Hm.

People must have forgotten how I am....

Come on, I only have one comment on the revised portion, and some private comments from some officials (why they are keeping it private, I do not know). I know you are all hating this, so let me hear of it!
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

When does the news have to be in to the Godz. Would once a week, starting after next weeks Friday/Saturday chat be good enough. I am planning on doing but I could also issue an executive order establishing an"official media liason with the Godz", ie the person who gets the news to them. We could also have a toped thread with each weeks story in it so we ALL can see it hasn't been done.
          Aggie
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

The only problem with an executive order is that it does not bind the next president.

Once a week is all they ask, not a specific day.
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Ok, just wondering. I was thinking of a specific time(or after specific event) so it is locked in everybodies mind that "we must do it soon since the chat is over". My experience tells me that when something is on a regular schedule it gets done more often.
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

We could most certainly assign a day, no problem. Weekends seem to be the best in terms of people having time and such.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I agree.
                  Aggie

Comment

Working...
                  X