Amendment proposal for the NewCon: NewZupdate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amendment proposal for the NewCon: NewZupdate

First: Allow me to apologize to the ConCon, especially, and indeed to all citizens. I shoulld have sniffed this out a hell of a long time ago. In fact, I should have amended to old CoL ages ago.

Second: Why does it need to be an amendment? As proposed, the president would be in charge of it. (not neccessarily writting it, just making sure it is done) That requires more than a Senate bill/law, I think? If not this can be my first bill.

This is a specific request from the gOdZ that has not been done for some time. This will ensure it is completed as requested, to ensure we do not anger the gOdZ again.

Amendment proposal:

This amendment is intended to add the following to the duties of the President:

(l) The President is required to ensure that the newZupdate is written.
    (a) The President may appoint someone to write the newZupdate, but will be the one to answer should it not be completed.
    (b) newZupdates will be written and PM'd to the gOdZ once per week.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

I like it, you might get the distinctive honor of Amendment number 1.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

The gOdZ have been kind to us so far by forgetting all those times that we've neglected our duties, but we must not fail them again or we shall face their wrath. Binding the status and duty of the newZupdate by law is an important step towards keeping Apolytonia safe from raining boulders and acid tides.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

. IMHO it would only be a law, and i think that the restrictions are too harsh.

Comment

What restrictions, civman? (taking care NOT to capitolize the 'c')

I thought that since it is adding a job to the president, it had to be in the CoL, not a Law/bill. We need SOMEONE responsible for it in the end. I have stated he can appoint someone, but without a person responsible, it will not be done. Our track record shows this. What specifically are you objecting to so we can discuss it?
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

THis would be a version of it that I would support:

(a) The President may appoint someone to write the newZupdate.
            (b) newZupdates will be written and PM'd to the gOdZ at a reasonable rate. At least 2 must be submitted every term. "A reasonable rate" shall mean at least once every 10 days unless the President or the person he/she appoints has a reasonable excuse.

Comment

civman2000;

the gOdZ have stated that they want one every week.

This is good Unortho. We need it.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Yes, the once per week is not from me, that is from the gOdZ. Sorry, out of my hands.

I can see your point on (a), though I still like having someone be the end-all person in charge. Perhaps it is a bit rednant, but I was trying to avoid simply passing the buck situations.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnOrthO,
                  I'd be fully in support of a proposal like this. I do think some clause allowing for flexability/emergencies should be included -- the times I have done it, I commonly try to delay a day or two for a Gazette to be released or a turnchat to be completed so it is accurate -- and I think the President should be allowed to delegate in some form.

I'm not sure if this would be a law, an amendment, or if it could perhaps be a combination of a law and an Executive Order. The disadvantage of using an executive order is that any future president could overrule it, but that would perhaps be the most appropriate venue. I need to double-check a few things, however, before I can say if I think the new CoL allows a law to assign responsibility to the executive. If nothing else, it's a fuzzy spot.

-- adaMada
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                  PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                  Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Sorry, not in favour of it if it makes the Pres personally responsible.

What about the Senate? After all, it is a responsibility we all share as devotees of the g0dz.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think NYE is right. THe senate should take care of this, or the VP. The prez has already much to do as it is, and we don't want to discourage every candidate in the future
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Giving it to the VP leaves the final responsibility on the Prez.
                        As it is not an executive duty (the game can be played without that), it makes sense to assign it to the Senate where the Secretary would do it.
                        Last edited by DAVOUT; November 20, 2002, 09:59.
                        Statistical anomaly.
                        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Essentially it HAS been in the hands of the Senate and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. We need one person in charge. Whenever I say President, I figure the VP is also included as they should be sharing the job.

If we remove the one part would you guys accept it?

As I always do, changes in bold:

(a) The President may appoint someone to write the newZupdate.Removed this section
                          (b) newZupdates SHOULD be written and PM'd to the gOdZ once per week.
                          Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; November 20, 2002, 09:47.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnO,

The Senate you are referring to was an abstraction, he could not do anything. If it gets organized, it can do things like that, which have nothing to do with playing the game and therefore should not disturb the Prez.

But, if the Senate does not build an organization, there will be no alternative to your proposal.
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

UnOrthOdOx this is a good idea and if the President wasn't responisble in any way for the newZupdate I would certainly support it. What does, "The President is required to ensure that the newZupdate is written." mean? If he appoints someone to do it would that be enough? Or does the President have to make sure the person he appointed to write the update wrote it and then if they didn't write it does he have to write it himself? The way it is worded now I would guess you mean the latter and I am not sure if I support that. Also can the President fire the person he appointed or does this new official have to be impeached like all others? I would like it if the President could just fire the current one and then appoint a new one.
                              For your photo needs:
                              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
                              X