No announcement yet.

Science: Predictions & What to research next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gladly. We'll exchange medicine for nationalism and lots of cash and gpt, and we'll then exchange espionage (which we will research next) for railroads and probably sanitation. From there the road to industrialization is short.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Naysayer

I do not know about this....

My experience tells me that the AI values nationalism more than any tech of the age. I have never gotten nationalism for medicine. Now I am playing 1.29 so it might be different, but I have said it in Aggie's thread, the AI is real lopsided in regards to nationalism. It values it very highly. Ill bet that steam power, medicine, 1500 lytons + 20 GPT might convince it (even a lowly civ).

Like I said, it could be that I play 1.29. I hope so.

Mss
      Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

ManicStarSeed, I have similar experiences. Why they value it so highly does not make sense. But they do!Actually, I NEVER study Nationalism, it just slows down my drive to Replaceable Parts. And it is always available at peace negotiation time.
        I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Re: Naysayer

Originally posted by ManicStarSeed
          I do not know about this....

My experience tells me that the AI values nationalism more than any tech of the age. I have never gotten nationalism for medicine.
          Mss
          Yes, but all the scientific civs who are in the Middle Ages will have it, along with the civs who bought it from them, and that should drive down the price .

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
            Actually, I NEVER study Nationalism, it just slows down my drive to Replaceable Parts.
            I thought I was the only one who did that.

My first tech is always Steam Power, followed by Replaceable Parts. Gives me twice-as-fast workers to build my Continental Railway. I later trade Replaceable Parts for Industrialization, Medicine, and/or Nationalism. I then bee-line to Electricity for Hoover.

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
            Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Togas

I thought I was the only one who did that.

My first tech is always Steam Power, followed by Replaceable Parts. Gives me twice-as-fast workers to build my Continental Railway. I later trade Replaceable Parts for Industrialization, Medicine, and/or Nationalism. I then bee-line to Electricity for Hoover.

--Togas
              Yep That's what I do
              Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

I have the same strategy when playing on Monarch level and below... on EMPEROR level, things might be a bit more hairy...
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                X