• Show
Clear All

• War Academy: Operation Reiseling

Draft Mission Statement

reserved for
    the great seal
    of Apolyton

quality purpose "Issued for planning" or "IFP"

This planning document cannot be reasonably used for procurement or construction purposes. Planning documents are issued to the SMC for review and possible forwarding to the Senate as a basis for a resolution of committment.

Operation Reiseling

A resource denial based assault on southern Germany.

Mission objective is permanent significant reduction of Germany's beaker production. The minimum military objectives prior considering Germany's surrender:
    Capture of-
    Hamburg (to be kept est 10% of Germany's beakers)
    Stuttgart (to be kept est 10% of Germany's beakers)
    Berlin (to be sacked est 20% of Germany's beakers)
    Extended campaign objectives (possible but not yet in plan)
    Significant destruction or sacking of-
    Leipzig (est 12% of germany's beakers)

Force structure
    ===============

Overall Committed
    ...1 fast size 3 Cavalry Army
    ...22 fast (independent) Cavalry
    ...12 bombard best unit available currently cannon
    ...8 defense best unit available currently musket
    ...8 explorers

Homeguard additions
    ...1 additional defender each city on extended northern border

Team Anisethe (Objective Hamburg, converge on Berlin)
    ...6 bombard
    ...6 fast
    ...4 defense

Team Burgundy (Objective resource denial, Berlin)
    ...1 fast size 3 Army (Cavalry)
    ...10 fast units (Cavalry)
    ...6 explorer units

Team Champagne (Objective Stuttgart, converge on Berlin)
    ...6 bombard (Cannon or Arty if available)
    ...4 defense (Best available probably Riflemen)

Team Schnapps (Objective Stuttgart, Nuremberg cutoff, and misc)
    ...6 fast units (Cavalry)

Team Reiseling (Objective wine tile, and others)
    ...2 explorers (suicide mission)

Staging points
    ==============

Definition: "Napoleton corner" The extreme north east edge of our sphere of influence near Napoleton or n, ne, ne from Napoelton

All forces except team Reiseling stage 2 road tiles removed from "Napoleton Corner".

Team Reiseling stages AT "Napoleton Corner" due to long distance mission.

Note to Public Works department: Mission Critical roadwork to suport is required. Schedule work so as to complete on or before D-Turn minus 1 as defined elsewhere in this document. This work has priority over ALL other PW projects. Failure is not an option.

Rally points
    ============

After completion of primary mission, Teams Anisethe, and Champagne less proper garrison forces will join with Team Burgundy.

Turn of Committment (D-Turn)
    ===================

Mission cannot commit prior to 1070 AB due to outstanding diplomatic agreements. Committment may be extended due to force buildup requirements and other reasons. Current estimate is that hosbilities (D-Turn) will commence 1100 AB and is buildup limited.

Mission is assumed to commit at earliest possible date.

Note to Diplomatic corps: All personnel not covered by diplomatic immunity MUST leave Germany on or before D-Turn - 1

Note to Foreign Ministry: The current lux deal with Germany scheduled to expire 980 AB MUST NOT BE RENEWED. In addition the current peace treaty now scheduled for renegotiation in 1070 AB will be opened for renegotiation during D-Turn with minimum demands that are sure to be rejected by Germany.

Order of Battle
    ===============

D-Turn (the turn of committment)
    ================

Espionage examine Berlin for force levels and to determine clear path for Team Reiseling to the Wine tile. If clear path not available, delay mission. Espionage examine Stuttgart and Hamburg for force levels

Assuming clear path found:
    Make unsuccessful peace renegotiation
    Declare war

Team Anisethe
    Receive espionage update then Advance by road to Napoleton Corner, then nw

Team Burgundy
    Receive espionage update then Advance by road to Napoleton Corner, then n, nw, w with explorers ending turn by pillaging the ending stack tile (**edited movement **)

Team Champagne
    Receive espionage update then Advance by road to Napoleton Corner, then n

Team Schnapps
    Advance by road to Napoleton Corner, then n, n, n to mountain above Stuttgart

Team Reiseling
    Receive espionage report then From Napoleton Corner appropriate mix of 4 n's and 1 nw to

reach the wine tile (per the espionage report) then pillage the wine tile

D-Turn +1
    ================

Team Anisethe
    move w so as to be in bombard range of Hamburg

Team Burgundy
    Army, move n forming the stack
    fast, clear pillage targets as required then retreat to stack
    Explorers 1&2, follow stack and pillage there
    Explorers 3&4, nw, pillage, retreat to stack
    Explorers 5&6, ne,n, pillage, retreat to stack

Team Champagne
    move ne to hills overlooking Stuttgart

Team Schnapps
    Cut down any German reinforcements from Nuremburg etc then clear principal turn Reiseling site and or pillage it based on Reiseling status. (mission critical) This is only Berlin tier 1 tile not targeted directly by team Burgundy. Otherwise maintain the heights overlooking Stuttgart

Team Reiseling
    Pillage targets of opportunity if still functional. Await Team Schnapps activity before assessing targets.
    Priority given to
    ....floodplain w of position (Berlin tier 1)
    if occupied
    ....hills n of position (Nuremburg reinforcement route)
    if occupied
    ....floodplain nw of position (Nuremburg reinforcement route)
    if occupied
    ....any developed tile within range

D-Turn + 2
    ================

Team Anisethe
    Bombard Hamburg
    Assault to be field determined based on bombard results

Team Burgundy
    Army move ne forming stack
    fast 1&2 clear explorer pillage targets as required then retreat to stack
    fast 3&4 move nw, n then pillage (bait)
    fast 5&6 move nw, ne then pillage (bait)
    explorer 1&2 follow stack then pillage
    explorer 3&4 move ne, ne, pillage, retreat to stack
    explorer 5&6 move ne, n, pillage, retreat to stack

Team Champagne
    Bombard Stuttgart
    Assault to be field determined based on bombard results

Team Schnapps
    Intercept German reinforcements as required and stand by for Stuttgart assault

Team Reiseling
    Any survivors converge on Team Burgundy

D-Turn +3 and beyond

Team Anisethe
    Occupy Hamburg with half of defender force. All remaining members converge on Team Burgundy

Team Champagne
    Occupy Stuttgart with half of defender force. All remaining members converge on Team Burgundy

Team Schnapps
    Stuttgart Assault then converge on team Burgundy

Team Burgundy
    Position Army, 8 healthiest fast, and 6 explorers to northern side of Berlin, and then proceed to pillage in route to Leipzig. Remaining cover bombard stacks from Team Anisethe and Team Champagne during Berlin bombardment. Prepare for eventual assault of Berlin based on bombard results.

/mission statement ends

respectfully submitted
    Ssgt roadcage (retired)

revision record
    16Nov corrected Turn 1 Team Burgundy stack movement
    16Nov Force levels (more fast, less defense) based on German posturing.
    16Nov D-Turn defined and extimated. All turns now relative.
    Last edited by roadcage; November 16, 2002, 17:55.
    I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Nice

Those German scum shall fall beneath our feet with such genius we have at our disposal.

Well Done roadcage

Comment

Damn!
      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

roadcage- I don't know if its in this massive plan of yours, but i noticed that germany's only horse resources is 5 tiles from our boder- which means we can pillage it on the first turns- which means germany can't build or upgrade to cavalry. Doing this in the first turn means they won't be able to start its prodcution- which is different than when you pillage it in the second turn- by this time production of Cavs might be already happening, and will not be stopped.
        Save the rainforests!
        Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

roadcage- I don't know if its in this massive plan of yours, but i noticed that germany's only horse resources is 5 tiles from our boder
          Team Polo was dropped based on my interepretation of 'objectives' thread comments. In addition, the horsie is precisely 5 tiles deep diagonally from precisely 1 border tile. All Otto has to do to thwart this strategy is have something on any of the path tiles. Examination of recent saves indicate that Otto has something on the border tile of the path more often than not. Hence there is limited chance of being able to pillage immediate.

Force structure would increase by 2 explorers for Team Polo
          (edited )
          Ssgt roadcage (retired)
          Last edited by roadcage; November 16, 2002, 13:13.

Comment

Meshelic, how should I interepet your comment?

Comment

Well done roadcage. Knowing plans like this are being made makes me believe that I can worry about other things than invasions plans. This is an excellent plan.
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I just noticed that Togas orders are calling to renew our luxary & saltpeter deals with Germany.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

As aggressive as germany is I'm sure we can sucker them into a war whenver we desire.
                  Aggie
                  The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

As aggressive as germany is I'm sure we can sucker them into a war whenver we desire.
                    Once we have Espionage, absolutely! The 200g failed spy trick works like a charm. But that is many turns from now.

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
                      Once we have Espionage, absolutely! The 200g failed spy trick works like a charm. But that is many turns from now.
                      If we wait until after they have Riflemen, its going to make it more expensive, and if we wait until we have Tanks, they'll have Panzers and several civs will be working on Hoover Dam, I'm emailing Togas.
                      Last edited by realpolitic; November 15, 2002, 15:49.

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
                        Meshelic, how should I interepet your comment?
                        Interpret it as me being impressed with your post.
                        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

If we take Hamburg & Stuggart, I don't see why Berlin needs sacked. Keep it for ourselves.

Also on the extended list, I don't see why Leipzig should be sacked either, keep it for ourselves as well.

It's "uncivilized" to sack cities during the Victorian era which we will be in soon.
                          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Should have put this in the Mission statement, but notice that the force structure requires significant military builds prior to D-Turn minus 2.

(see Mission Statement for definition of D-Turn)

have enough Cav + WC's
                            need ~6 cannon*40=240 shields
                            need~10 Musk*60=600 shields
                            need~8Expl*20=160 shields

plus the usual shield wastes at completion

so plan accordingly!

(edited in support of 16Nov Mission Statement revisions)
                            (edited to reflect recent builds per 1010 ad save)
                            roadcage
                            Last edited by roadcage; November 16, 2002, 22:02.

Comment

I've been away a while. Are we really going after Germany now?
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X