• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Domestic Minister (term 6)

Candidates
    E_T
    GhengisFarb

Closes in 3 days. 72 hours from this post.

Added: Campaign Thread
    E_T
    50.00%
    GhengisFarb
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by notyoueither; November 12, 2002, 19:43.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Candidates... you need to post in the campaign thread more than a one-sentence answer
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
      Candidates... you need to post in the campaign thread more than a one-sentence answer
      Why? Is that in the NewCon somewhere?

Posted another sentence or two already.

Comment

No, it's not in the constitution (either of them) anywhere.

However, it does seem to be a standard custom for Apolyton voters to have SOME IDEA what the two candidates stand for on the various issues when voting. Many voters look in the campaign threads to find this information. I'd think you, having been here SO LONG, would know that intuitively

However, I really like the post you have provided now in the Domestic Minister thread - so no worries

Comment

Now see what you made me do? I was winning until I posted more than one sentence in the campaign thread. Within a space of 3 minutes after posting a plan E_T got 6 votes.

I knew I should've kept my mouth shut.
          Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; November 12, 2002, 22:18.

Comment

I hardly believe that E_T's pickup in votes had anything to do with you posting your information... in fact, we SHOULD see your vote tally rise now that you've posted something and we're still waiting on E_T

(or, if your theory is correct, you'll get a bunch of votes when E_T posts )

Comment

I hardly believe that E_T's pickup in votes had anything to do with you posting your information... in fact, we SHOULD see your vote tally rise now that you've posted something and we're still waiting on E_T

(or, if your theory is correct, you'll get a bunch of votes when E_T posts )
              Wrong, a minute later he got 2 more votes.

I better go erase my comments in the campaign thread................

Comment

You just picked up 2 votes GhengisFarb

Comment

I just had my first posting in the campaign thread here. I have some other stuff I'll be posting in a little while.

E_T
                  Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                  Worship the Comic here!
                  Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I noticed in my own campaign for IE Minister last term that the more I said "ooh almost caught up in votes" I almost always would, but everytime I said "ooh it looks like I've taken the lead..." then everyone voted for Jonny. It was kind of interesting to see the voter response before my own eyes...
                    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

E_T has now posted some VERY EXTENSIVE information about what he'd like to do as Domestic Minister.

Sounds like we can now compare the two plans and vote!

Comment

Vote for the little guy......But I want those spreadsheets...and its sooo close...

Comment

I have my second campain post here, and I'll post the rest tomorrow, as it's 3AM now.

E_T
                          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                          Worship the Comic here!
                          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Vote for Ghengis...

...because I love you.
                            First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
                            The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Re: Vote for Ghengis...

Originally posted by WhiteBandit
                              ...because I love you.
                              I don't think I want to know...
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X