No announcement yet.

Election: Domestic Minister (term 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GF... wait one, please. Lets just work this out with the courts.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
      In order to avoid controversy and to prevent the game from halting for the court to make a decision I am hereby following Arnelos' suggestion and withdrawing as a candidate from this election.

To all those who voted for me, I would like to express my appreciation for your support and hope you will support the elective government in the next term.

I wish the citizens and government of Apolytonia all the best wishes and hope to see you all again in the MultiSite Democracy game.

-GhengisFarb
      I am speachless with this news.

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Wait, Ghengis, the court IS for this kind of matter! I'm sure that E_T will be a great minister, but let the court decide... All those legal procedures, the comments, the discussion, the gossips... This will be fun!
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Wow.

Me cannot believe this
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
            Wait, Ghengis, the court IS for this kind of matter! I'm sure that E_T will be a great minister, but let the court decide... All those legal procedures, the comments, the discussion, the gossips... This will be fun!
            That is exactly what I want to avoid, many people do not realize how much work and time the judges have to put in for every case. It could take them 70 to 100 hours of real time to discuss and debate what to do and then they would still upset several people.

I had proposed splitting sections and allowing each candidate to manage a specific area and if I had won I think that would have worked well. But key participants in that concept did not like the idea and would not support it and I did not win, so the decision was not mine to make.

I firmly believe this path will allow the game to continue in the smoothest fashion. I wish either E_T or I had actually won so as I wouldn't have been put in this postion (I suspect many members will accuse me of quitting and worse) but this was the result and this is my decision.

Comment

GF, I urge you to reconsider. I think this is something the courts should look at. I am not conserned with the position. Both of you can and will do an excelent job here.

We have had many cases where there was "almost a tie"... trip vs ninot is the best known one. This time, it actually is a tie. with all the controversey that has occurred in the past regarding this type of issue, I think that procedures need to be established.

No mater the outcome, you cannot please everybody. Nobody can. That should not be a concern.

In terms of the game, it will continue. By your leave, either ET can take over until the courts decide, or Aggie can name a temp person. He mentioned in the chat that he would ask me, and if so I would have no problem doing it for a couple of chats (about 1 week or so I would guess is about all that should be necessary.) Therefore, halting the game, or even slowing it down, is not a concern.

GF. Just so you know, my vote is not what counts here. I would gladly change it to resolve this had I known it would happen like this. I think like aro does that this will be fun for us. Also, I think this is an issue that has occurred to often, and a procedure needs to be established once and for all.

Your graciousness in this matter is understood and appreciated. But because of the above I hope you reconsider. If not, I am sure that all will understand that you do what you do because you feel it is the correct thing. Thanks.

GodKing
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

That is exactly what I want to avoid, many people do not realize how much work and time the judges have to put in for every case. It could take them 70 to 100 hours of real time to discuss and debate what to do and then they would still upset several people.

I had proposed splitting sections and allowing each candidate to manage a specific area and if I had won I think that would have worked well. But key participants in that concept did not like the idea and would not support it and I did not win, so the decision was not mine to make.

I firmly believe this path will allow the game to continue in the smoothest fashion. I wish either E_T or I had actually won so as I wouldn't have been put in this postion (I suspect many members will accuse me of quitting and worse) but this was the result and this is my decision.
                Please wait. The court will be considering the issues of this election ASAP. It will not require a long hearing AFAIK.

Thank you
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                  This will be (would have been?) short. At the very least we can tell people what process we would have followed in this case.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm willing to let the courts decide

E_T
                    Worship the Comic here!
                    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Thank you E_T. Very much.

We are examining the issue.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

notyoueither and kring, members of the Supreme Court, have issued an injunction (per Article III.4 of the Constitution), staying any results, until the Court has examined the issues and the voters list.
                        Last edited by kring; November 16, 2002, 02:59.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
                          notyoueither and kring, members of the Supreme Court, have issued an injunction (per Article III.4 of the Constitution), staying any results, until the Court has examined the issues and the voters list.
                          A recount!
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

If the courts wish to develop a system for ties, then so be it, but I am perfectly willing to stand aside. I stated I would do so and stand by that statement.

A concern I have is that there were some fairly negative statements made about E_T and I don't want this to cause anybody to get banned or sanctioned which is another reason I am willing to stand down.

E_T is a major contributor to this Demo game and I don't want anything to drive him away either.

Originally posted by Arnelos
                            A recount!
                            This is why I withdrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

A recount!
                              Is that a CHAD in your hand???? Was it hanging?

E_T
                              Worship the Comic here!

Comment

A concern I have is that there were some fairly negative statements made about E_T and I don't want this to cause anybody to get banned or sanctioned which is another reason I am willing to stand down.
                                I can handle them, I've had MUCH worse thrown at me in the past. They are just words, although they can hurt, they do no physical damage (though I sometimes want to STRANGLE people sometimes, I calm down and find my center and focus again soon )

E_T is a major contributor to this Demo game and I don't want anything to drive him away either.
                                Thanks, I appreciate that. Especially after what happened at the end of last term. I don't think I'm going anywhere yet (unless my DP takes a sledhammer to my computer that is because I spend TOO much time at this game).

As for what some others have said about me, I am very serious about getting help with this position (if it does go to me). THe CP job by itself is getting too much as it is, and the new con has added more for one person to have to do.

In the past, if something happed to keep us from doing our jobs, your Workers could be moved by Pres and I had the Q's to work from, so it wasn't a big deal. If it happens with the new con rules, all hell would break loose and things could get really ugly fast.

It's late and I'm going to bed. Hopefully, this will be resolved shortly.

E_T
                                Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Working...
                                X