Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there interest in an Environmental protection group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

There is no technology to prove that a democratic government exists either, but I see you whole heartedly supporting it in other threads...
    I will respectfully refer you to the thread of the democracy movement... on in which I have clearly stated my stance on the issue... that I only would support ANY expansion of the franchise by the Senate after that option has been more thoroughly researched by our thinkers.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

environmental protection

I'd say razing the jungle to build are cities is an invalidation of any proprosed environmental preservation policy out there. I'm all for keeping one square of jungle for posterity, though, as a shining example and symbol of the mercy we can have for any nation that concedes now and allows itself to be assimilated... at least until global warming turns it into a desert
      "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

This smells of liberal, count me in

Absolutly jdjdjd, exactly what I wanted to say to this, but couldn't quite express it.

Here we find an excellent use for our military. Make sure those AI scum don't send workers to cut down forests!
        "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
        Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

As someone already pointed out, an environmental agenda would be very hard to marry with a humanitarian one. So for now, I'm going to take the easy road out (since it's 720AD), and say "Environmental" - what's that?

As fun as it might be, I'll stick with one fight at a time, and the AEM vs. the Warmongers is all I can handle right now.

Comment

So who's plot of land do you want to keep as a reserve in the $mini-game? Perhaps a particular near-monopolist?

I like this idea, we don't need the extra production, and it would be nice. Also you don't need knowledge of scientific ecology in order to enjoy natural environments, and see that if we keep cutting them down they won't be there any more.

Comment

Working...
            X