X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot
    IT WONT LET ME CHANGE IT!!!!

i dont know why, but the button just doesnt work
    Download the browser called Opera and use it instead. It worked fine for Kass and me. We have matching avatars now...sorta.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

Actually, Unortho has done this fairly recently
      True, if it werent for a few old hawks posting in the DIA threads now and then, they would have faded into the abyss. Since the DIA is SOOOO active.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Which is a nice twist, since Opera doesn't seem to work with the chat.

Okay, that was sorta random and unproductive
        "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
        Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

I think we're off subject here a little. Where are all our fellow Hawks?
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

They have gone to seek bloodier pastures in this time of peace dictated to us by the DIA cowardly scum who draw their support through lies, deceit, distortion of the truth and the promotion of their own selfish goals of simcity rather than the good of the empire.

Comment

Duddha: I will return...
              Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
              "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
              Free California!

Comment

It actually looks like the greatest protester against the war is Ninot, which is not a DIA, and many of those which identify themselves as pragmatic DIA's, are actually for a limited war with france, so the Hawks are actually bursting through an open door...
                (translated the phrase from heberw, so sorry if it seems incoherent, you get the point, don't you?)
                Save the rainforests!
                Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

I'm against the war because its a pansy war. Declaring a war with the aforknowledge that you have no interest in winning it completely even though you have more than enough resources is bad politics in my opinion, I refuse to be a part of a peacenik miniwar.

Comment

I just wanted to point out for Ghengis' benefit and for other Hawks that when we went to war with Persia, there was little to no support for a conquest war. Several polls were done, the first two indicated that we should take only 2 cities and settle for peace.

But as the war went on and as we continued to be successful, war fever engulfed the nation and we eventually conquered that lush, luxury-filled paradise and a fantastic Wonder.

Keep the faith, Hawks. Support the declaration of war. Once we're in the thick of things, they may change. If we do well, Aggie and I may agree to keep going.

But at a minimum, our nation will be expanded, more resources will be captured, our civilization will enter it's Golden Age and we may have new leaders emerge. How can you not support that?

--Togas
                    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Togas
                      I just wanted to point out for Ghengis' benefit and for other Hawks that when we went to war with Persia, there was little to no support for a conquest war. Several polls were done, the first two indicated that we should take only 2 cities and settle for peace.

But as the war went on and as we continued to be successful, war fever engulfed the nation and we eventually conquered that lush, luxury-filled paradise and a fantastic Wonder.

Keep the faith, Hawks. Support the declaration of war. Once we're in the thick of things, they may change. If we do well, Aggie and I may agree to keep going.

But at a minimum, our nation will be expanded, more resources will be captured, our civilization will enter it's Golden Age and we may have new leaders emerge. How can you not support that?

--Togas
                      Togas your words are truly wise. I first and foremost DO NOT support a LIMITED action against the French but completely CONQUEST over their nation. They hate themselves and they hate their miserable existence. We should put them out of their misery.
                      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I'm Not a Hawk Member, but in response to Togas ...

HURRAH!

Originally posted by Togas

--Togas
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                        X