Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What victory condition should we persue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplomatic is the easiest and most likely.

The UN vote is based on pop, what terrain are we on? 90% grassland.

If we get Sanitation and build sewer systems then start irrigating over our mined grasslands we will easily have half the pop of Abanaba maybe the world.

We make some of the other civs happy with us which would require maybe giving them some luxuries. Gosh I wish we had luxury resources.

Its a no-brainer.
    Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 24, 2002, 12:51.

Comment

It is? I never knew that. Learn something every day.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
        I have found that the best way to win the game with the UN is simply to sign a bunch of MPPs the same turn as the vote. It works nearly every time.
        That is my experience too.

--Togas
        Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
        Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
        Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
        Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

What exactly is wrong with agreeing with me?
          Oops, I wasn't supposed to let that slip out.

After reading the arguments for diplomatic, I say we should give it a shot.
          Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
          "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
            I have found that the best way to win the game with the UN is simply to sign a bunch of MPPs the same turn as the vote. It works nearly every time.
            Me too, I LOVE MPPS, can's stand ROPs there a mutant abomination that only benifit the AI.

Funny thing is I ususally sign MPPs for the opportunity of being pulled into a war not for protection but because no one has the guts to attack me directly.

Comment

Well Diplo sounds good but I still think we havent been the most peaceful civ...oh well, an AI is like an idiot: They are easily entertained, they won't need much to buy into friendship. However, I still think Spaceship with UN to prevent anyone else from voting. However, we need to be ready to devote our maximum production cities to the Spaceship at all times when it comes about.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

If we are Communist, that would be needed, but then again if we are Communist we would probably be going for Domination anyway.

For Democracy, one city in the top 10%, another in the top 25%, and a third in the top 40% will surfice for Space Ship building due to the delays between getting the parts.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I voted spaceship, but its really too early to say since we can't even see most of the resources we'll need to build it yet If luck isn't kind to us, then we'll probally be stuck with two choices: extremely blood thirsty or kiss up for the vote.

Comment

My second choice if it appears we would be beat out to the Space Ship would be Domination.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn

For Democracy, one city in the top 10%, another in the top 25%, and a third in the top 40% will surfice for Space Ship building due to the delays between getting the parts.
                      I like using GLs to build spaceship parts. If we continue our warmongering ways, which is fun with Tanks and MA, we'll be Communist long before the ship is done. Personally, I like staying in Republic until WW is too great to handle.

Comment

Working...
                      X