Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What victory condition should we persue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What victory condition should we persue?

Knowing which victory condition we're persuing should help guide our strategy.

Diplomatic - Our goal is Fission, so we build the U.N. We should persue tech in the relatively short term, and eventually. make friends.

Spaceship - Longer term tech.

Cultural - Take alot of land & rush build Temples and Caths at least through 900 AD. Consder Despotism and Communism to pop rush.

It would be helpful to know what our cultural value is now.

Domination/Conquest Take lotsa land (& go Commie)
    Diplomatic
    4.55%
    Spaceship
    72.73%
    Cultural
    4.55%
    Domination
    13.64%
    Conquest
    4.55%

Hey!!!

What about timeline scoring!!!

(just kidding!!!)

Personally, I would like to see a Space Race. Diplomatic ends the game too quickly (unless we want to end it to get the PTW game going quicker?) I think it is really too late for Cultural, and I think going for a pure military victory would only alienate some of the players.

Space race will provide plenty of builder and warmonger friendly situations, and would therefore be the best to keep participation high. Again, this is my opinion.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I say lets go spaceship. I agree with unorthodox, Spaceship will will drive us on all fronts. We will need war, tech and diplomatic savy to get in head, stay in head and out produce the emperor AI.

We still MUST build the UN to filibuster
      Mss
      Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Spaceship, spaceship, a million times spaceship. If you really want to go political or cultural, but the DIA wants Spaceship first, then other peaceful stuff, and then conquest\domination.
        The Science department wouldn't mind a spaceship goal either.
        For once, it looks like the hippies are winning
        "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
        Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Very early results are in, Spaceship 6, everything else 0, corruption is high, if these contunue, we should build science and tech inprovements in our less corrupt cities and those cities that will be helped in the building of the Palace, FP, or transition to Democracy, and workers or marketplaces, court houses etc in others.

Of course wars for resources and to beat up our closest competion are OK, but we really don't need territory.
          Last edited by realpolitic; October 22, 2002, 18:04.

Comment

Spaceship. It's just really cool. Besides, it's the only one with the cool cinematic at the end
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Joining the consensus here: shoot for the stars.
              Mainly because I feel I've learned how to ramp up a conquest victory, but have a lot more to learn about becoming technological leader and launching the space ship.
              aka, Unique Unit
              Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Domination, it is our best hope.
                Cultural is impossible at this point.
                Diplomatic is too hard with our foreign policy.
                Spacerace would take too long.
                Conquest is too hard.
                Duddha: I will return...
                Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                Free California!

Comment

I agree that the space race is a good all-around bet, since it allows our technology to prosper, our military to continue to dominate, and keeps our diplomatic game still fresh.

I was going for domination myself. no hippies allowed in my office. just kidding.
                  Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                  Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Space race or domination.

Cultural is probably out of the question at this point, Conquest would take too much effort, and given our actions to date, Diplo is largely out of the question.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

May we be the first to send a yellowish, slightly curved rocket into space, for the glory of Apolyton and the Great Banana!
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Even domination would get incredibly boring in this setting. I only finish about 1/3 of my ‘conquest oriented games’ because it gets so dull even with just me playing.

Diplomatic might not be all that easy, most the AIs don’t think very fondly of us, and we would have to put allot of effort into fixing up or diplomatic situation. Also if we hit that button to vote for a diplomatic victor we could lose right there… we could always go back to win anther way but we’ll know in our hearts that we in fact lost .

Comment

Spaceship, and our military works in nicely with that as in:
                          Our rivals can't build spaceship if they're not there anymore. Basically, the military continues to do the fine job it's been doing (but leave in a large peace period soon so we can build factories instead of worrying about cavalry) and then by the time spacerace comes around there's much less competition on the building time although we still need to devote our best production to it.

Satisfies both warmongers and builders.
                          However, we still MUST build the Un to prevent any other AI from building it and voting.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Here's one thing to consider: To win, you must NOT lose.

We must build the UN so that they'll be no votes. (Nobody really likes us, and so if there is a UN vote, we lose.)

I highly dought it's possible for us to achieve a cultural victory considering that we had to fight early wars and were late getting culture improvements. It's more likely that we'll need to increase our culture just to prevent one of the AIs from winning via this.

To the one person currently voting for Conquest, how do you propose to do this without triguring a domination victory?

In my estimation if we get complete control of the main contienant, we win via domination as soon as our cultural boundaries expand to fill in the holes.

Voted for Spaceship. One of the things that makes Space Ship easier to build is having a few highly productive cities near the Palace & Forbidden Palace and others that can build up enough military units to discourage the AI from attacking. For this purpose, we should annex France when Aggie is ready and later on when we have Calvary (or Germany invades England whichever is first) annex England.
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Diplomatic. Our foreign department is excelent. It will end sooner than with spaceship, providing a 2-3 month early jump for PtW start. Cultural is virtually impossible at this point. Conquest/domination is too easy as we are on the same land mass. Time/score... who wants to wait.

I vote diplomatic.
                              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Working...
                              X